9

For the rest of the day, Luca doesn't cause me any trouble. Demi and Joe call just after we ate some macaroni and cheese for supper. I used to cook a lot; I actually quite enjoy it.

"Hi Mommy and Daddy," Luca says on the phone once I hand it to him. He has a large smile on his face now that he's talking to them.

Luca finishes his phone conversation a little later, and I help get him ready for bed.

"Do you want to read a book from your shelf?" I ask him once he's changed into a pair of blue pajamas.

"Curious George," he says. His pronunciation is a little off, but it's cute.

I kneel down beside his bookshelf and start looking through the books. When I found the book of his request, I sit beside him on his bed to read it to him.

Once his eyes droop, I tuck him into his blanket. "Goodnight, Luca."

"Goodnight."

I switch on his nightlight before turning off the light and closing his door. 

Back in the guest bedroom, I get ready for bed and lay down to go to sleep. I'm actually surprised that Demi and Joe trust me enough to leave me with Luca, but I'm grateful. He is a really sweet kid once he's over the missing his parents and screaming.

---

Today, Demi and Joe are coming back home. Luca knows and is very excited, but ever since I stared to play him their music, he hasn't been quite as desperate. I think he's actually starting to like me.

I wake Luca up and get him dressed before feeding him the usual banana and yogurt. The doorbell rings and Luca jumps off his seat and runs to the door.

"Mommy! Daddy!" he exclaims as they open the door.

I walk up to the door, but it feels like I'm intruding on them, so I stay a few steps back.

After Luca hugs both his parents, Joe heads off to the backyard with him. He's practically jumping off the walls with excitement. He has to get some energy out.

"How was your trip?" I ask Demi.

"It was incredible," she replies. "Joe proposed!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. It was amazing... I take it that everything went okay with Luca."

"Yup. He was really good once he got used to me and everything. Of course, he definitely did miss you guys."

"Yeah, we're working on that." She smiles.

"Why don't you go spend some time with him? I'll be fine here."

"You sure?"

I nod and Demi leaves to go be with Joe and Luca. I catch a glimpse of the diamond ring on her finger. I'm actually really glad that I could do this for them. They deserved it.

---

Not very long, but it is the first day of semester 2 at school, so I don't have a lot of time to write today. Hope you enjoy!

Next Update: Saturday or Sunday