1

Sometimes it just takes a small distraction, just one simple distraction that flips your thoughts. You could be driving your car on a narrow road and suddenly see the most beautiful tree you have ever seen. Then what happens? You swerve, you're car spins out of control and you crash; all because of that one tree, the one tree you just had to stop and look at. You had a connection with this tree, you thought of the future you would have after seeing that magnificent tree. A plethora of questions and thoughts pour out of your mind as you think about the tree.

      "I wonder what color the leaves will be in the fall. I can't wait to drive down this road again and look at thag tree. I hope no one tears the tree down." That's what it felt like being with Demi, or at least being her best friend. It feel like I was the person behind the wheel of a car, driving down such a small and crowded, narrow road. I was the one that saw the beautiful tree, the beautiful girl that just so happened to cross paths with me and finally I crashed. Demi was the tree that I had a certain bond with. I hoped that this tree wouldn't be torn down. I prayed to God that our bond wouldn't be broken from one stupid mistake.

"Hey Demi? Wanna play House?" I said with a smile.

"Yes! But I call being the Mommy."

"Okay. I'll be the daddy and Mr. Squeaker can be our baby this time." I picked up my little mouse Mr. Squeaker. He had a hat and he was blue.

"Why can't my tiger be the baby? Mr. Squeaker is always the baby. "

"Demi, Tiger is too big to be a baby. He could be the uncle that watches the baby. That's what my uncle used to do before I grew up. "

"But I'm older than you. " Demi said with a frown. I walked up to her and kissed her nose.

"It makes more sense. " She smiled and held my hand.

"So, should we start now?" I asked.

"Okay but we have to keep quiet, baby. My mom is downstairs." Demi called me baby after watching a really popular soap opera. She locked her room door and looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?"

"You know what to do. Strip." She smiled.

"But I'm the dad remember? I don't think guys strip when they do it." I replied. She sighed loudly and came over to me. She gripped my shirt and pulled me to the bed. As I layer on top of her I smelt the strawberry shampoo she used on her hair. I felt the little feels of her fingertips. Finally, our lips met each other.

     They were small gentle kisses and I keep feeling them attack my lips. We both laughed then heard the key to Demi's locked door. My heart pounded and I knew we would be in big trouble for doing this, but my body didn't react fast enough. I saw her standing there near the door with her arms crossed and her veins popping out of her neck. Dianna's arms were crossed and she stared at both of us. "What do you two girls think you're doing?" She asked. We couldn't respond. I feel like jelly on the inside and I begged her not to tell my mother. She didn't feel right about it but she never told my mom. She only told us to never play Hours again and for years every time I went over to Demi's house her mother watched us play.

    We felt scared of her watching...I felt scared of her watching until eventually I slowly stopped going to her house. Demi was very busy. She had touring and recording new music in the studio and I thought I would never see her in person ever again. Thank God my suspicions were only a figure of my imagination. After going to her concert and seeing her, we began talking like nothing ever happened between us. We told each other to forget about House, to forget about what happened and just enjoy our time together.