2

It was a Friday, and my vision was blurry from just waking up out of my deep sleep. I yawned and stretched and scratched my bed head. I forced a few blinks until my sight was restored and got out of bed. Nothing sounded better than getting a nice cup of warm coffee to start the day. After I finishing up my toiletries and putting on some clothes, I get in my car and drive out. I stopped in front of a Starbucks and threw on my very dark shades. As I walked through the door I smelled all the delicious flavors of cappuccinos and lattes. I take my regular order of coffee with three pumps of cream and some sugar.

    Nothing was better than having this long vacation that l deserved. The stress of going to my job and juggling my school work was beginning to take a toll on me. I was having a hard time figuring out if I wanted to be a nurses assistant or an actual nurse. I took being a scientist into consideration but that all changed when I was in the lab. So many of my formulas went wrong and the equations boggled my mind. As I am sitting in my car in deep thought, I hear my phone ring. I check the caller ID but it is restricted.

"Hello? " I ask.

"What does it mean when someone asks you to sign their thong? " I smiled at the question.

"It means your fans are crazy about you. "

"A little too crazy if you ask me. But what happens if this person is around 15 years old? "

"That means you have attracted not only the opposite sex but also the wrong age group. Congratulations Demetria, you have reached official stardom." I reply. I can hear her laughter through the phone.

"So what are you doing today? Have anything special in mind? " She asks.

"No. I'm just at the coffee shop. I was planning to go to work today but I called in sick. "

"Aw poor baby needed a break?"

"I always need a break." I reply. I'm rummaging through the glove compartment when I hear a tap on the window. It's a man in very dark sunglasses in a very expensive suit.

"Sorry to bother you but will you be leaving soon. I saw you walk into your car and I have been waiting for this spot for a while now." He gave a smirk.

"Oh God,  yeah. I am so sorry. I'll move now."

He gives me a nod and I hear Demi through the phone.

"Chelsea did you hear me?"

"No. What were you saying?" I replied.

"I said we new to hang out one of these days. Just like old times. I miss you." I smiled and reversed the car.

"I'd love to but aren't you busy? You know, with concerts and what not?"

"I can always make room for my best friend. Don't worry about it. Let's hang out tomorrow okay? We could get some coffee, chat a little, maybe watch some Disney movies. How does that sound? " She asked.

"That sounds like typical Demi." She laughed and I headed out of the parking spot. I remembered I needed new clothes for my job on Monday and looked around for a good store.

"Hey, Demi. I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Sure. See you tomorrow Chels. " I always liked it when she gave me nicknames. I drove around the block and found the perfect shop that sold anything and everything. I immediately found a parking spot and got to work.