3

I watched her as she tied her high heel boots and strutted her stuff down the sidewalk.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked laughing at her.

"I'm walking with confidence. You should try it sometime." Demi replied, sticking her tongue out.

"I don't think so. If I tried to walk with confidence, I would look like I need a straitjacket." I replied. Demi bursts out in laughter and walked towards me. She places her hand on my shoulder and shakes her head.

"Honey, no you would not. Now come on. We have work to do." She says as we enter the mall. She wraps her arm around mine and we walk into a clothing store called The New Yorker. I watch her try on shoes from flats to pumps to high heels.

"These are really comfortable. I need these." I examine the shoes and sigh.

"Demi, your feet look like they are dying do oxygen. Maybe you should get a different pair. Maybe one in a larger size?" I recommend. She sighs and struggles to get her shoes off. After a couple of minutes watching her struggle, I decide to come to the rescue.

"Here, I'll pull on one end. You yank at the other. Got it?" I ask. She nods and chuckles at the comment and tanks her leg back. We manage to get her shoes off and ask a member of the staff if there were any shoes in a bigger size. The young lady didn't respond. Instead, she dropped the boxes of shoes that was once cradled against her. Her arms loosely fell to her sides, her eyes began to water and her lip began to quiver.

"Oh.....my....God! " She exclaimed. "You're D...D..." she struggled to complete the name.

"Hi." Demi smiled and laughed.

"I love you so much! You are such a huge inspiration to me! I have all of your albums and I went to your concert last March. I don't know if you remember me but I was the girl that gave you a hug during the meet and greet!" The woman could not stop crying.

"I'm sorry honey, but you're going to have to be a little bit more clear." Demi smiled. "I hug everyone at my meet and greets." The woman nodded but nothing came out. She bursted into tears.

"Don't cry sweetie. Here, do you want to take a picture?" Demi asked in the most calming voice she could make. The lady nodded and walked shyly next to Demi. She pulled out her iPhone and held it in front of her. Her hands were shaking and the phone could not keep still for a second. Demi grabs hold of the phone and snapped the picture. She patted the girl on her shoulder and smiled again.

"Stay safe sweetie." Demi said. "Let's go Chelsea. I decided I don't need a new pair of shoes." She said.

"Demi are you sure? We could just go to another store." I replied.

"No. It's okay. I think I'm fine with what I have." She said. She grabbed her purse and I followed her out the door. We reached the car and when she put the key in the ignition, she stopped, then she looked at me.

"Are you uncomfortable around me?" She asked.

"What?"

"Are you uncomfortable around me?" She asked again. My eyebrow raised as if I was confused, which I was.

"No.....I'm not uncomfortable around you. Why would you ask me that question? "

"It's because you seem distant every time we go out in public." She replied. We heard someone knocking on her car window. It was paparazzi. I looked at Demi and she seemed to be cross. She sighed heavily and rolled down her window.

"Please leave. I'm asking you nicely."

"Oh come on Demi, one photo for your beloved fans. " The cameraman said. Demi and I could see people crowding the car now. It felt like I was in a zombie apocalypse movie and all of the flesh obsessed creatures were going to attack any moment. Sure enough, we heard someone hit the car.

"Are you fucking kidding me? " She yelled. There had to be a dent in there somewhere. At this moment I felt bad for her. All she wanted to do was talk to me and this had to happen. She started the car and pressed her palm into the center of the wheel. The horn honked for a good 3 minutes until people began to give her room to drive. We escaped the mob but Demi still looked angry.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.

"No. I'm just.....I feel like you never want to hang around me whenever we go outside." She responds.

"That's not true. I like hanging out with you."

"Chelsea come on face it. Ever since my careers kicked up, I've had to go on tours and concerts and tv shows and we never have time to just relax. I feel like we're so distant and there's no hope into going back to the people we used to be." My heart dropped when I heard her say that. How could she say something like that? No. I wasn't going to let this mishap change the course of our friendship.

"Demi."

"What?"

"I'm going on tour with you. I am packing my bags and coming with you." I said.

"Chelsea you can't do that. You have work and stuff."

"Are you really going to say that after you just made a whole speech of how we aren't the friends we used to be? Demi I'm going with you and that's final. There's nothing you can say that will change my mind. Together forever remember?" I could see Demi smile from ear to ear now. She grabbed my hand and sighed.

"I'm sorry. Okay. You can come. I'll help you pack what you need."

"Good. So where is your next concert again?" I asked.

"Europe." She said with ease.