Chapter Twenty-Five

Hey guys! So sorry for not updating for awhile. A lot's been going on and I've been really stressed out latley with friends, school, family, and stuff like that. Now that school is back in session I won't be able to write as much since I'll be getting more homework and only have time during weekends which I'm usually busy during.

Anyways, so sorry the story is moving slowly at the moment. But I'm trying to find ways to make it interesting! And I think I have a few ideas... 

Enjoy!

---

"Today's our day..." Harry says to me over the phone.

"Yeah it is. So what are we doing today?"

"It's a secret..." Harry whispers which makes me laugh. "I gotta go. I'll text you later about what we're doing. Bye Scar..."

"Wait. Why do you call me that?"

"Call you what?"

"Scar..."

"Oh... Well for me Scarlett is too... Formal. Plus Scar is a unique name. I gotta go bye." He says suddenly.

"Okay... Bye..." I say as I hang up the phone. Again, I grab my diary from under my desk and grab a pencil. I open to the most recent entry which is June 23rd. I begin to write.

September 1st, 2014

Something has happened. Something that has effected my life forever.

I have amnesia. I got in a very bad car crash and hit my head. I woke up in the hospital, clueless about my surroundings. I still know my ABCs and 123s. But all the memories I ever had vanished. I remember my family, but that's all.

It's so hard to cope with everything. Especially with Harry. I know he isn't himself around me. I can tell he's hurt. How I forgot about him, I can tell he wants to tell me everything. All the memories we had, but he knows it'l just make himself,  and I feel even worse. 

I tell people I'm fine. They ask me how I'm doing and I say I'm completley okay. But honestly, I'm not fine at all. I wish this was all a dream.

Louis drove me by all the places we used to hang out. He remembers everything and tells me about all these people who I honestly can't remember. I really try. At night, I engrave these people's names in my mind, but I just can't find them. 

For the past few days I've been reading a lot of these diary entries. It seems like I had a pretty hard life. But still plenty of happy moments. Harry in almost every one...

I hear my door open quietly which makes me slip my diary under my pillow. I see Harry peep his head through the door which makes me laugh.

"I thought you would text me!" I say laughing.

"I wanted to surprise you." He says sitting at the edge of my bed.

"So what are we doing today?"

"I don't know... Could you get me a drink?" He asks. I nod as I stand up from my bed and walk out the door and down stairs.

---

>Harry's POV<

As Scar walks out of the room, I see out of the corner of my eye, a book under her pillow. I slip it out and see it's a leather book. I open it up to a page where a pencil is. I glance at the pages and see it's her diary. I know I should stop reading, but a certain entry catches my eye.

May 15th, 2007

Last night... Something happened. If it wasn't for my brother, I would've been dead.

Latley my parents and brother have been fighting, a lot. Every night. Then all my friends left me, even Maddie. 

I was done. Done with life. So I wrote this note...

In the page there was a crumbled up note. I opened it up and it said...

"To my loved ones...

I never thought it would come to this, but as you can see it has.

I'm alone. Maddie, Irine, and Jolie have all left me. I have Harry, but he's made new friends as well. We've grown apart.

Mum, dad, I feel as if you don't care for me anymore. And Louis, I know you're leaving us, so there is simply no point of living anymore.

I love you all deeply, but I feel as if no one feels the same. Thank you for helping me survive, but I'm finished. Goodbye. I love you all.

-Scarlett

I feel tears stream down my cheeks, I wipe them away and continue to read the diary.

I set down the note and grabbed a razor from under my bed. I began to... Cut my arms and legs to the point where blood dripped onto my floor. I knew it wasn't enough, so I took out my knife.

I held it to my stomach. As I was about to... Ya know... Stab myself, Louis came into my room and turned on the lights. He knew something was up. He took the knife out of my hands and carried me to the bathroom. He washed me off as we both cried. 

I want to thank my brother. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.

I hear the door open and see Scarlett in the doorway.

"Harry?" She says in her soft accent. She sees me with her diary and sets the two glasses onto the table as she runs over to me. She sits next to me and wipes away the tears now pouring down my cheeks.

"Y-You tried to commit?" I studder. She looks down at her knees then looks up at me.

"Yes. I read that entry last night..."

"And you never told me..."

"I guess I was nervous." She says. We sit in silence as I try to calm myself down. As I do I feel her thumb graze my cheek. "Can we just forget about this?"

"For now..." I say as I stand up and grab my drink. 

---

Author's Note...

Sad chapter... I know. But the idea just popped into my head!!

-kbye!