Chapter 2

Clem POV:

What the hell am I doing here, more importantly, where is A.J.?! Oh god my head hurts to badly. I touched the side where my injury was, only to see blood dripping down my fingers. I wanted to just fall back asleep, I was so tired. I have no idea where A.J. is, if they hurt him I swear to god. 

"Welcome to Ericson's Boarding School for Troubled Youth. I'm Louis". This voice told me. I turned my head to the left to see a man around my age, who had dark brown dreadlocks and dark brown eyes. He wore a long coat, that went almost to his knees. He just kept looking at me, as if he has been doing this for the past four hours, which is kinda creepy.

"Where the fuck is A.J.?!" I demanded an answer, making "Louis" become taken aback.

"Calm down, you're headache will get worse." Louis told me.

"Just tell me where he is, please? Is he okay?" I asked, hoping they didn't hurt him.

"He's fine, is that the boy who was with you?" He asked.

"Yeah".

"Anyway, didn't quite get your name". He told me.

"Clementine". I replied.

I began to get up and walk out the door, but Louis stopped me.

"You should probably wait a little bit and rest. A.J. is fine and he is playing with the other kids, but you hurt your head and you should probably take it easy for the day. Plus, no one knew has come to the school since, well, since it all started. Do you want to talk for a bit?"

Who does this guy think I am? I am not staying here while A.J. doesn't even know if I'm alive! I tiredly walked past Louis to exit the room, but he stood in front of me. 

"Seriously, you're going to pass out. You need to go to bed Clementine. At least for a little bit. I'll bring A.J. in when you wake up".

Ok fine, a small nap would be amazing, but how do I know if I can trust him? I walked to my bed and laid down. I took a deep breath, inhaling the pine smell the filled the air. My eyes became heavy and I eventually fell asleep. How nice it is to finally sleep in a real bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.J. POV:

The school actually seems pretty nice. I was really worried at first, but I already made a new friend, Tennessee. He likes to draw a lot too. The other kids are really nice, but I'm not sure if I can trust everyone yet. If Clem likes them, then I do too. I should probably check up on her. Louis, one of the people here, seems really nice. He plays something called a "piano" which is pretty cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis POV:

Well that was quite the conversation to say the least. I walked out of Clem's room and down the hallway into Marlon's office. I gently knocked on the door just so that I wouldn't startle Marlon and Rosie wouldn't flip out. 

"Come in". He told me.

"Oh hey Louis, what's up?"

"Nothing much. That girl that you rescued? Yeah her name is Clementine. Her head injury is pretty bad, but nothing damaged her brain. So she probably needs to stay here at least until she recovers". I told him.

"Also, she's kind of a fighter". I finished

"Well that's good to hear. Is she awake?" Marlon asked.

"Yeah she was, but she seemed like she was going to pass out to I suggested to go back to sleep, so that's what she's doing right now.

"Okay then, is there anything else I should know about?"