ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ʀɪᴅ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ

Note: A short chapter, but a meaningful one.
Oh, and the beautiful new covers are courtesy of parxbciz . x

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴄᴀɴ' ɢᴇᴛ ʀɪᴅ ғ ʏᴏᴜ

ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ǫᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴍᴀɢɴɪғɪᴄᴇɴᴛ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

WITH A LOUD HUFF, YOU CLOSED YOUR EYES IN EXASPERATION AS YOU PUSHED OPEN THE DOOR TO THE DIRECTOR'S OFFICE AND STEPPED INSIDE.

"Alright, if this is about the food fight situation in the break room earlier today, I just wanna say that it was absolutely, one hundred percent Agent Smith's fau-" you cut yourself off and startled a bit as you spotted the unexpected third person in the room, "Oh, hey, Aaron."

"Good morning, love."

Squinting your eyes, you tugged your bottom lip between your teeth and pointed between Fury and the doctor.

"What's going on here?" you queried, taking a cautious step forward, "Is this some kinda intervention? 'Cause I-"

"Not quite," Fury interjected, nodding his head in the direction of the leather sofa, encouraging you to take a seat; you did, albeit hesitantly, and with a fleeting glance at Aaron, your godfather proceeded. "So far, you've done a pretty good job at laying off the agent stuff, but I – well, we – recognise that being around HQ during your time off might not have the most desirable effects on you. As proven by your new pastime."

He smiled condescendingly at you and you blushed a tiny bit, knowing full well that he was referring to the aforementioned food fight. Opening his mouth to speak again, he moved from behind his desk to stand next to Aaron.