Chapter 4

Tears

Author pov

After Jungkook did Jimin's haircut and fixed it up, it looked great but he was upset.

Yoongi was also upset. And Jimin hated that.

As they cleaned up after Jimin's hair was done, Jungkook kept asking him tons of billions of questions again but this time, Namjoon was done with it so he grabbed his wrist. "I think they need some time alone. Why don't you take a walk?"

"Really?" Jungkook asked and Nmjoon nodded with a grieving voice, "But come back early okay?"

"Okay!" Jungkook obeyed and he ran upstairs to get his black rain coat that he loved so much, so it could tend to his needs and make him as warm as he wanted to be. Just like his mom did whenever they went for a walk together.

But the problem was, Namjoon rarely let him go outside because of what happened to their mother.

That's why Jungkook was so happy all the time, to cover up the fact that he was truly upset because of his mother. He needed to be protected.

And that's what Namjoon promised to her.

"Why don't you guys talk. I'll be in the kitchen preparing something for you all to eat." Namjoon suggested and then he walked out and closed the door behind him.

Jimin's tears were welling up in his eyes, "Yoongi...I-I'm sorry..."

Yoongi looked at him, "You lied. I could've protected you. I could've walked you home every night we hung out so you wouldn't get hurt. But that's fucking bullshit to you isn't it?" Yoongi brushes his fingers messily through his own hair and sighed as Jimin said nothing.

He was scared that if he said anything, 'I love you' would slip out of his mouth and those words could never be taken back.

"Soomi's the girl you liked hm? You wanted to impress her didn't you?" Yoongi stood in front of Jimin.

'No' Jimin thought, 'I wanted to impress you.' Jimin recollected.

He knew that if he did something wild with his hair, Yoongi would care more about him. Spend more time with him like today.

He knew he wouldn't hang out with his girlfriend because Jimin despised his girlfriend. He didn't like her.

He didn't need a girl to make him happy. He needed Yoongi.

"Jimin." Yoongi snapped Jimin back to reality. "It's always been Soomi's right? She's the girl." Yoongi said trying to be sure of what Jimin implied earlier.

But now Jimin was annoyed. He knew he didn't like Soomi. But now he couldn't turn back time.

Because before he knew it, he had attached his lips to Yoongi's.

@@@

Jungkook walked down the path him and his mother used to walk down and he smiled in content. He started singing softly and he was so immersed by the environment around him.

It had been a long time.

He knelt down to look at a beautiful flower that caught his eye and then something slipped his lips that shouldn't have. "M-Mom..." His voice cracked.

You see, Namjoon didn't tell Jungkook about their mother's passing a few years ago but he told Jungkook that she went abroad and that she'd come home soon.