Chapter 5: The house

Happy black history month loves ❤️ join me as I update everyday to celebrate the incredible achievements and contributions Black people have made to our country.

Tia Aaliyah Gaulden

" Kayden and Kaliyah, y'all what's that smell?" I groaned as I walked through the living room

I was woken by the burning smell coming from the kitchen.

" Daddy make us some cookies." Kaliyah shouted as she threw her arms up in the air, while Kayden nodded.

" Kentrell dumb ass." I mumbled as I jogged to the kitchen.

When I arrived to the kitchen I watched him as he threw large bowels of water into the stove.

" Nigga what you doing ?" I shouted as I ran towards the oven.

" Mane im tryna bake cookies fa my kids." He replied back.

I sighed as I reached my hand to the back of the stove to unplug it.

Once the small fire was out of the stove, I sighed out loud and stared at him waiting on his stupid explanation.

" Mane I ain't do nun, you need to throw this broke ass stove away." He asserted.

" Kentrell why you just ain't come wake me up? I would've fixed them kids some cookies." I told him as I walked towards the pantry to grab some paper towels and a mop.

" You a bitch in the morning so that's why I ain't wake yo grumpy ass up." He said.

I smacked my lips as I proceeded to clean the water up from the floor.

" I get it from you." I mumbled.

" Say, youn get shit from me. You and Kaliyah got dat same fucked up ass attitude problem." He explained.

" So what ?" I chuckled.

" I'a pop boff' y'all ass in the mouf'." He told me.

" Nigga I dear you to touch me or my baby, I'll beat yo ass." I added back.

" What that nigga blue face say? Yeah ight.." He said causing me to die of laughter.

" Shutup and just help me clean all this shit up." I instructed.

" Girl I ain't yo maid..."

I smacked my lips and threw the roll of paper towels at him. " Bitch don't play with me. Clean this shit up, now I'm not gon tell you nomo."

" Okay Sherhonda."

Being with Kentrell was like being with a Child, he wasn't use to shit. He was a celebrity so he always wanted people to do shit for him, but that wasn't the case with me. He had to do his part sometimes too.

" What we doing today? Cause I gotta take care some business later on, wit Montana." He told me, as he joined me while I cleaned the oven.

" What type of business Kentrell?"

" Studio, music gotta be made." He replied.

" Mm, well that's gon have to wait." I told him.

Today was the day I was gonna decide what I was gonna do with my mother's house, considering she gave it to me before she passed.

" What you got going on?" He asked me.

I sighed as I stood up from the floor. " Gotta figure out what I'm gon do with that house."

" Damn you right, I forgot all about dat shit."

" I'm just confused though, like... I wanna sell it but I wanna give I-"

" Give it to yo mama." He cut me off and said.

I sighed as I shook my head. " I don't know about that Kentrell."

Lisa and Kennedy has always lived in Arcadia which was about a 4 hour drive to Baton Rouge, so it would always take them so long to get to us.

" Why not? That's yo real mama Tia, whether you like dat shit or not. Dat lady ain't did you nun... you can't hold that grudge forever." He explained.

He always knew the right shit to say....

"Yes or no? You already got a house to live in and Tamia do too...Just give it to ha." Kentrell shrugged.

" I'll think about it." I told him.

" Go get ready, I'll clean the rest of this shit." He told me, catching me by surprise.

" You gon clean this by yourself ?" I asked.

" Yeah and by the time I'm done you should be ready, we can go out to eat or sum cause I know my kids hungry as a Bitch." He added.

" Okay daddy, you ain't gotta tell me twice." I said as placed the paper towels down on the counter.

I was really up for a hard decision. It might didn't seem like a hard decision to other people but for me it was. I was giving the house away that my mom gave to me.

Did Lisa really deserve the house ?

-

What y'all think?

Do Lisa deserve the house ?

Would Tia be wrong if she sells the house?