Chapter 17

"So this is the ANBU Root base huh?", asked a figure. "I wonder how many of them who will be a sacrifice to Jashin".
"How much we will get if we exchange their heads", said a figure.

Timeskip: They killed ANBU Root members.

"The heads worth a thousand ryo. Let's get going".
Both of them leave the base.

Konoha

"What!? ANBU Root had been massacred!?". The Hokage yelled in shock.
"Yes, Tsunade-hime. My spy network said that ANBU Root had been massacred by two Akatsuki members", said Jiraiya.
"You may leave". Jiraiya leaves the tower. "What does Akatsuki is after to?".

Hotel

Kushina got a message from Hidan and Kakuzu. The ANBU Root had been massacared. She glad that they took down the Root.

Kushina glances at Hanan who cuddle next to her. She gently pulls her granddaughter to a hug. Soon, Hanan feels urge to sleep. Kushina gently help her to lay down on the bed.
"Sleep". Hanan obeys the voice as she closes her eyes. Kushina strokes her hair as Hanan falls asleep. "Sweet dreams, sweetheart". Kushina kisses her forehead.

Amegakure

"The ANBU Root had been massacared", said Pein. "You did a great job, Hidan and Kakuzu". The two Akatsuki members bows down before their leader and leave.

Back to Kushina and Hanan

Kushina glances at a photo. It's a photo of Naruto and Konan when they were young.

(Note: Imagine Pein without piercings and has blue eyes and whisker marks)

Kushina smiles at the photo as she strokes Hanan's hair. She puts the photo at the bedside table and embraces Hanan before she falls asleep.
"I love you, Hanan", said Kushina in her sleep.

TBC...