#9 (Fanfiction included)

Lukas: Wait, the author can ask questions?

Me: Yeah bitch, I can.

Lukas: It's fanfiction time, I guess.

Me: Yep, get ready to be really over descriptive and really unrealistic.

-

I walked through the small forest outside of Beacontown. The trees casted shadows on the grass with a fresh coat of dew. The moon shined brighter than it ever had before and the stars twinkled just a bit more pigmented.

I stopped walking when I had found the long and wide river I had always come to every night. Jesse and I always meet here to talk about things, and this has gone on for a good five months now. Every night we just sit here by the edge of the water peacefully with no disruptions. The current sounding peaceful, the rocks beneath the water, the magic of dipping your finger tips in. So far from town, but close enough to walk.

And this is our spot. We love it here, even if it's not exactly each other. Well, we love each other, I'm probably the only one who loves him romantically in this relationship between the two of us.

I heard rustling in the bushes behind me, but I calmed down when I heard Jesse's voice. "Hey Lukas."

I turned around to greet him. His green eyes sparkled in the moonlight. "Hey Jesse! How are you?"

Jesse sat down next to me. "Okay. Y'know, town things are tiring. And how about you?"

"I'm okay."

Jesse and I sat in silence, a normal thing is our friendship. This happens more often than I'd like it to, but I've become used to it.

But this time, the silence was longer than normal. I fidgeted with grass underneath us, and stared out onto the water, waiting for him to start a conversation.

"You seem quieter than usual. Are you okay?"

I wasn't exactly prepared for that question, but I came up with some lame excuse. "Yeah, I-I'm fine. I just have a few things on my mind. That's all."

"If you wouldn't mind telling me, what?"

"Just book ideas and such. Some stuff with my family happened, but I'd rather not talk about it."

Jesse took a few long seconds to come up with a response. "I have a feeling that it's more than just that."

"I mean, yeah. There's something else."

"And that is?"

"Well, I've kinda caught feelings for someone."

"Told ya, like 6 months ago. Are they cute?"

"Yeah." I looked into his eyes and I felt my face begin to burn up. "Short brown hair, green eyes, about 2 inches away from me right now."

Jesse smiled, but then his face began to turn red. "Wait, you mean-?"

"You." I cut him off.

"I don't know what to say." Jesse looked down with a small, barely noticable smile. "I mean, I have feelings for you too."

Really? He does? He seriously has feelings for me?

"Heh, you're joking."

"No, I really mean it." I could his facial expression turn incredibly content. He then put his arm around me. "Well, that was a surprise."

I looked down at the water smiling, until Jesse grabbed my face and pulled it towards his. He put his lips gently on to mine. I panicked slightly, but eased into the kiss.

You're my wandering star and you have lead me home.