CHAPTER TWO: Scars

~Previously~

Y/N:"Oh. I may have seen some things like that in the newspaper. Sister Matilda says those were made by the devil. That is why none of us has electronics."

he chuckled as i said those words.

Mark:"I'm Mark Tuan. Nice to meet you. And your name is?"

Y/N:"I'm Y/N. Kim Y/N"

~Present~

Mark:"That's not a very common name. Its pretty though."

Y/N:"You're name is quite common I have to say."

Mark:"You're not wrong. But hey, how old are you? You look like you're eighteen"

Y/n:"Not for a while. But this year I will. I just hope to leave this place with my brother if he doesn't get adopted."

Mark:"Oh really how old is brother?"

Y/N:"He just turned five not too long ago"

Mark:"Wow hes that young. So how long have you been here?"

Y/N:"About 5 years now? My brother was about 9 months old when we got here."

Mark:"Oh. Well do they treat you well here?"

I was about to answer his questions but sister Matilda came out of her office. she looked over at me. She gave me a mean look and told me to go into her office. I stood up slowly from the couch

Y/N:"I'll be back. I have to see what she wants from me"

I walked into to her office and motioned fro me to sit down.

sister Matilda:"What are you doing to that poor boy?"

Y/N:"What do you mean?"

Sister Matilda:"You're annoying him. Leave him alone. I don't think he wants to be talking to some abandoned girl. Do you know what guys like him think of girls like you? They think of you guys as gold diggers."

Y/N:"We were just talking. There's no romance if that is what you're thinking"

Sister:"I hate it when you talk back to me Y/N! You quit that attitude right now!"

Y/N:"I didn't say anything mean. I have no clue what you're thinking right now."

Sister Matilda:"You're lucky that you won't be getting whipped until your wounds get healed. Otherwise, that is what we would be doing right now."

Y/N:"I don't get it. Why are you so mean to us? Especially with me. Its always me that is getting yelled at for breathing."

I stood up and went back to the foyer. I sat down on the chair beside the window. I felt so agitated and angry at the same time. I went to my room as I couldn't maintain my anger any longer. I laid down on my bed with my face in my pillow. I was never treated fairly. I was always hated. I was the oldest from all the other kids. They all looked up to me, but often stayed away from me. I changed my clothes. I threw the dress in the laundry basket. I put on a pair of jeans and a simple t-shirt that was big on me. I put on some simple shoes on and just began to clean up my roommate's clothes. That's when Mark entered the room

Y/N:"Oh my lord. Mark what are you doing here?"

Mark:"I was looking for the rest room. I am sure this is not the restroom."

Y/N:"No. the restroom is farther down the hall. I'll show you."

I walked passed him and proceeded to show him the restroom. He walked in and closed the door. I went back to my room and proceeded with what I was doing. After a few minutes, he knocked on my door startling me.