I'll

For those who aren't aware ^this^ is the lowercase lambda - It was quite a popular symbol among the gay community in the 70s (where the rainbow was just being officially introduced)
:
:

Golden with the sunlight that filtered through the airborne dust, the library glowed with an old and comforting beauty that was slowly being lost to society. Remus sat unperturbed by a wall-length window; leaning back in an admittedly uncomfortable wooden chair. The long room was peaceful and smelled like old paper and sandalwood: therapeutic to Remus' busy mind.

It was very often that he would be here alone. Maybe sometimes he would attempt small talk with the library's ancient manager, but otherwise, solitude was his favourite option. He had spent the last four years forcing himself to interact with his peers within lectures; now was his time to 'refill his social barrel'.

As already made clear, Remus enjoyed the silence and silence was a near enough constant here. But if that remained, we wouldn't have a story to tell, would we?

As per his schedule, Remus had stopped at the library just after having lunch in a nearby cafe; a shop that also catered to his love of tranquility and woodland aesthetics. He had been perfectly content in absorbing himself in a book and absentmindedly pulling threads from the mustard cardigan around his shoulders when they showed up.

He swore that the shelves began to shake as they walked in - dust reorganising itself with their every word. Not that he did anything, of course. He just remained sat in his silent corner and glared over the top of his page, in passive aggression.

"James, do I really have to be here?" One man asked. Remus surveyed his appearance as soon as he came into sight through a sparse bookshelf. Dark hair fell around his shoulders and light stubble graced his face.
He was loud. Remus didn't really do 'loud'.

"Sirius, I literally said before we left that you didn't have to come. I just need to print these out for Lily." The taller man ('james') said. Dark hair also grew from his head, but instead stood up at uncoordinated angles and rectangular glasses adorned his tanned face.
He wasn't quite as loud as the former, but still irked Remus in the fact that his shirt was buttoned incorrectly.

"Print what out, exactly?" 'Sirius' asked, running a finger through the dust that painted a shelf.

"The posters? Her cat is missing. Merlin? You met him once."

"Oh, the cat. You know I'm more of a dog person, James." Sirius replied, nonchalantly.

Remus lost his focus on the words in front of him as soon as the pair entered the room and continued to stray from his reading as their voices echoed throughout the musty room.

"I don't care whether or not you liked him, you prat. Now, go...occupy yourself. This'll probably take a while."

A groan of annoyance emitted from between two shelves and dragged on until James spoke in exasperation, "you chose to come with me. Don't disturb anyone, this is a library."

In a more hushed tone, he replied, "Mate, I don't think anyone has actually stepped foot in here for the past few years."

Remus scolded himself for berating the two for being here - it was a public place. Their voices fell silent again and Remus hoped they would leave soon as he fell back into his reading.

Not that this reading lasted very long. It wasn't much longer after this that a barely audible "oh" was heard. Looking up from his book, Remus saw the shorter male standing at the end of the bookshelf, 10-maybe 12- feet away from him.

"Hello," the man spoke, carelessly waving a hand at Remus, who was struggling not to voice his disdain at being disturbed. He did, however, notice the aristocratic tinge to the darkly dressed man's voice. And the way he neared very quickly.