Chapter Two

Queen Battlewinner did not send for him for a whole other two years. He was now seven, considered an adult dragon. He had decided to only rarely use his magic, only when he needed it (such as when he accidentally dropped his favorite scroll in the fireplace. He had used his magic to repair it.)

But now the queen wanted to meet with him again. Why? Stonemover wondered. Well, he would soon find out. The queen was sitting on her throne, looking down at him. "Well, look who decided to show up" she rumbled. "I thought you were too animus-y to help out with my queenly affairs"

That's not even a word. Stonemover thought. Animus-y. Wow. So creative. He didn't say this out loud though, but he was tempted. He suspected this was the tiny rotten part of his soul, goading him on to do bad things, starting with annoying the queen.

"What do you want me to do this time?" Stonemover asked, resisting the urge to be sarcastic. Queen Battlewinner looked down at him with her best queenly stare. "I want to know about the Ice Kingdom. I've been thinking of invading it. Enchant this scroll to tell us what we need to know about the Ice Kingdom in order to invade it."

"Enchant this scroll to show us what we need to know about the Ice Kingdom in order to invade it" Stonemover said, and instantly a wave of cold washed over his talons, and through his whole body, chilling him to the bone. At the same time, words in black ink appeared on the paper.

The Ice Kingdom has a wall called the Great IceCliff. It kills all non-IceWings who try to cross. 

"Interesting..." Battlewinner mused. "Of course, we'd need something to protect our soldiers from the Great Ice Cliff... which means... you have to come in."

"Umm..." Stonemover tried fast to think of a way out of this. "I should probably scout the Ice Kingdom first, um, so, you know, I can tell you if it's worth invading..." "No. I want to invade now. Even if it's a terribly cold, desolate place that even the IceWings don't like. You are an animus. You can just go poof and turn it into a wonderful paradise full of prey! Don't you realize? You can do anything. Besides, the Ice Kingdom is pretty close, but it's very tiring to get there... hmm... I'll think about that... but for now, figure out some magic that will get us over the stupid cliff!"

"ARRGH" Stonemover growled. "You are impossible" "I'm the queen" Battlewinner said. "I can do what I like" "Not anymore" he said. "Enchant this pebble to turn into a silver bracelet, and whoever wears it has command over Queen Battlewinner of the NightWings." He slipped the bracelet on, and felt the cold wash over him again, except deeper and far, far, colder. "You'll let me scout before we invade. And I'll be the one to decide if we even do. Got that?"

The queen bowed her head, and nodded. Stonemover left the room.