Chapter Seven

Battlewinner called Stonemover and Mastermind to her throne room. "The volcano now poses a deeper threat" she boomed. "Mastermind, we'll move your lab to a bigger location. Stonemover, enchant something to protect us."

Stonemover cleared his throat. "Um, well, I have an idea. A series of tunnels that lead us to different places." He pulled out a map of Pyrrhia. "One to the Rainforest, one to the Kingdom of Sand. Maybe others elsewhere."

Battlewinner studied the map for a moment, then said; "Good idea. You can work on that."

--+--

Stonemover started to plan places for his tunnels. He brought the map with him. He was twelve now, and hadn't visited Permafrost for almost a whole year. Oh, man, I have to do that.

--+--

When he finally got time to visit the Ice Kingdom, he had made a tunnel to go there. He came across Permafrost sitting on a high ledge with... Polar. Did she already choose him? He waited for Permafrost to notice him. She didn't notice him there, but when Polar left, he flew up and landed next to her.

Oh no. Permafrost was holding something. Something pale white and flecked with silver, carried in a sling of fur. An egg. It couldn't have been his egg, because if it had been, it would have hatched already.

"Look, Stonemover, this is my dragonet. Inside here." Permafrost gestured towards the egg. "I thought we loved each other" Stonemover growled, feeling the cold take over. "We do" Permafrost said. "But I thought you were dead, you hadn't visited in so long. Wait, are you okay?"

"Curse the egg" he growled. "Enchant it so that the dragonet inside acts and looks differently from a normal IceWing, and that it be deprived of frostbreath!" Permafrost gasped and hugged her egg to her chest, looking at it worriedly. "You actually-" "Yes I did" "I take back what I said. There is no love between us. Only hate. Leave my life. Leave my life forever. Go away and never return. I hate you, I hate you."