Just teamates

Coming back to gym class with Kirishima was just about the most incriminating thing I could've done. My classmates instantly whispering to one another when I walked in with the cheery boy. A shark toothed grin plastered on his face.

It's not like they knew about our relationship, but they definitely yearned to know what we were doing together. Mr. Aizawa showing indifference to our absence except for a cold glare. A glare that warned us not to do it again. So luckily I wouldn't have to dodge any immediate questions.

Mr. Aizawa broke his threatening gaze towards us and scoffed. "Okay heros! Now that most of us have warmed up, go back and change into your hero costumes!" He shouted, his monotone voice making it sound more fear inducing than exciting.

Everyone moves in a big crowd heading towards the locker rooms. Clumps form as familiar pairs of friends get together, enthusiastically talking. Kirishima finding his rightful place with Denki and Sero. Me? I was alone. Like always. Not like I'd enjoy being aquatinted with any of these other geeks.

Unfortunately for me, Kirishima and his friends were a package deal. So it looks like I'd be flying solo in school, like usual. But despite the choice I made to be alone, despite my efforts to fly under the radar......by the time I began undressing in the locker room, everyone was on my case.

"So, are you gonna tell us where you guys ran to earlier?" Kaminari inquired in a overzealous seductive tone. Sero removed his shirt and looked over his shoulder. "Yeah....now that you mention it, I'm quite curious too." Sero adds. Mineta and Sato almost rushing in to intensify the interrogation. "My my~ what scandalous things are you up to?" Aoyama hums, shooting a wink.

"WERE YOU WITH GIRLS?" Mineta huffed, standing atop a bench to get up into my face. "YOU WANNA DIE?" I scream, lighting a warning shot into my hand. Kirishima now sank into his locker, avoid contact with the crowd. The commotion became impossible to ignore now, causing looks from all my classmates

Some of them didn't spare more than a glance as they whipped on their capes, and stomped into their boots. But others were more than happy to add their voices to the overlapping shouts that echoed in the locker room. "Guys stop! Kacchan shouldn't have to answer if he doesn't want to!" Deku whined.

"RIGHT-" Iida began, shooting into a huge speech. Rambling as Deku nodded his head. "Guys~ maybe you should just leave it alone for now." Ojiro mumbles, uncomfortably laughing due to embarrassment. "GOD, WILL YOU ALL JUST FUCK OFF ALREADY!" I boom, my  voice igniting a decent moment of pure silence.

It doesn't last very long though. I'm met with multiple pouty faces, as Kaminari retorts stubbornly. "Well if you won't spill, we'll just ask Kirishima!" He shouts. Suddenly everyone's attention is attracted to Kirishuma and I can see his back jolt before he peers around the locker nervously.

"Uhmm eheheh~" Kirishima chuckles fearfully. Without hesitation they surround him and start screaming as they did to me. "Ah- uhm. I-" Kirishima stuttered, gripping the sleeve of his costume tightly. He looked down, his mouth wide open. His lip began to quiver as he nervously tried to come up with something to satisfy the audience.

I felt a twinge if anger spark inside of me and that was all I needed to blow up. I couldn't stand to watch them make him panic like this. I set off a fountain of sparks in my hand. I saw the crowd of boys flinch as they heard the crackle of the flames go off. Immediately ducking as they saw me walking over.

I threw a wild hoard of explosions across the room. They hit the lockers, ricocheting across the room as boys jumped and slid across the floor trying to avoid the heat. I walk over to Kirishima as the smoke clears. He looks at me doe eyed, coughing lightly due to the fumes.

"You okay?" I ask, calmly. "I'm fine..." Kirishima responds, avoiding my eyes as he's already flustered. The boys all look at me, showing more confused intrigue than before. "Geez since when was Bakugo that defensive over Kirishima...." I hear Kaminari groan, while patting out a cinder on his sleeve.

"BOYS WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO LONG?" I hear Mr. Aizawas voice yell with infuriation. "Gah!" I hear Mineta squeal, his costume still sitting in his locker. I scoff, tying my mask around my face as a final step.

Everyone rushed out back outside and met the girls who giggled and mocked us as we ran beside them in a hurry. Mr. Aizawa groans, already exhausted from our behavior today. Now, to our surprise, Mr. Aizawa was joined by Mrs. Midnight. "Now children~ I'm sure you're dying to hear what today's lesson is...." Mrs. Midnight coos.

"Today we'll be talking about the importance of dynamics!" She continues. "Like- we learned in science?" I hear Deku innocently ask. "No~ not exactly~ I'm talking about how well opposite forces work together; but for this example the "forces" will be people!" She excitably explains.

"I thought we already did a team activity?" Ashido interrupts. "No no no~ that was teamwork! Teamwork is all about supporting each other and working alongside each other. Dynamics are all about how well you can inter-meld your actual emotions and how well you can use each other's quirks to enhance your partners." She spurts out in one big breathe.

A wave or different ideas rush through everybody's head and a trend of whispery conversations implodes on the crowd. Dynamics, huh? I wonder if me and Kirishimas quirks would work well together? Our relationship definitely goes deeper than being a good teammate.....so would we be a good fighting pair as well?

"But my children~ today we've stirred up a way to challenge your ability to dynamically work with someone~" Mrs. Midnight mischievously announces. "Though you can pick your teammate, you have to work around juuuuuust one disadvantage. But clearly, we expect you to perform just as well." She seems to demand.

"But what is this disadvantageeee????" She shouts, raising her voice through the word like a tv show hose. Clank. Click. Mrs. Midnight had pulled a shiny pair of handcuffs from her belt and snapped it around her and Mr. Aizawas wrists. The class immediately screams and protests, demanding another challenge.

Mrs. Midnight simply laughs as she looks to Mr. Aizawa but he just rolls his eyes. "The rules of this challenge are similar to that of "tag you're it" but you will be timed and whoever is left being "it" has failed." She swiftly describes throwing us a bright smile.

"Please now get into groups of two so we can pick rivaling teams. Remember to pick wisely....." Mr. Aizawa grumbles, as he attempts to squeeze his hand through the handcuff.

Now, to find Kirishima......to test if we're really stronger together.