Chapter 11

"Feeling Sick"

             It had been almost two weeks since the night we went out. I was steadily getting sicker and it was becoming harder to hide it from Aidan. I think he knew something was up. I could see it in the way he looked at me sometimes. I honestly didn’t know what was wrong with me.

            “Ok. What’s up,” Amber asked as she plopped down beside me on my bed.

            “What do you mean,” I asked innocently as I fought the nausea back down.

            “Something’s wrong. You haven’t been yourself in weeks,” she said with worry written clearly on her face.

            “I’m fine,” I said trying to sound confident.

            “Cut the bullshit. Tell me what’s wrong.”

            “I don’t know! I’m just sick,” I said weakly.

            “Why do you think you’re sick,” she asked me.

            “I’m nauseous a lot,” I admitted.

            “Maybe it’s a stomach bug,” she suggested.

            “For almost three weeks,” I said with a raised eyebrow.

            “Good point. Maybe you should go to the doctor,” she said with a shrug.

            “You’re right,” I said with a sigh. “Just not right now. I don’t want Aidan to know.”

            “Why not,” she asked.

            “He’s gonna freak out and I don’t need that on top of this,” I said quietly.

            “I get it. Do you even have an idea of what it could be,” she asked after a minute.

            “No. I was just hoping it would go away so I never really gave it much thought,” I said with a shrug.

            “Well it’s obviously not so maybe you should start thinking about it,” she suggested.

            “Nah. I’ll just wait until later and go to the doctor,” I said.

            “Well lets go downstairs before your man freaks out and runs up here,” she said with a laugh.

            “He does over react a lot doesn’t he,” I said as I stood up.

            “Only when it comes to you,” she told me with a smirk. Then I saw her glance down. “Have you gained weight?”

            “I don’t know. Does it look like I have,” I said as I looked down at my stomach.

            “A little. How are you gaining weight if you throw everything up,” she asked. Then I saw her eyes widen.

            “What,” I asked almost scared.

            “Could you be….,” she trailed off looking at the floor.

            “Could I be what,” I demanded.