• Chapter 4. Isolation

I spent my days in a room. My brother stayed at the base now my father is on a mission with Jazz, Mirage and Bumblebee. This is how I liked it the most, being on my own. A knock on the door got me off guard. I didn't expect any quest, but I answered the door anyway. Maybe my dad expected a package or whatever. Instead I faced Prowl, what is he doing here? "Prowl..." I said surprised. "Can I come in?" he asked. I stepped aside and let him in. "What brings you here? My father is on a mission..." I replied, shuffling back into the living room. "I know... I came for you..." he replied. "For me?" I asked and rolled my eyes.
"Do you know I work for the Washington DC police department as well?" he asked. "Now I do..." I replied coldly. "Sit down, Galaxy..." he ordered.

I flopped in the chair and watched him sit down in front of me. "Are you in trouble?" he asked. "Am I?" I retorted. "Depends on it... if you're not involved with the murder..." he trailed. "Just for the record... I am not smoking, I don't use drugs or alcohol... I don't wear guns or knives with me... and I would never ever kill someone even if I hate that person more than anything else in the universe... but I do fight."

"That brings me to my second question..." he trailed off. "The fights are illegal and you can get in trouble with that..." he trailed off. "You think I will tell a police officer the truth?" I asked. He laid his batch aside and raised his hands, "We are friends..." he replied. "Look... I don't know what you're trying to reach, but I know exactly how to stay out of trouble... I don't want trouble either... I just want to be left alone..." I replied and leaned back."I don't want you to be involved in crimial activity and you know something about the murder, you haven't denied you didn't see or heard about it..." he trailed.

"In fact... I know who did it, but he died of an overdose a week ago... so it's a dead end..." I muttered, fiddling with my hands. He sighed and leaned back in the chair as well, "Alright... than something else, you encountered Tracy two days ago... wasn't it?" he asked. "Gosh she became ugly..." I scowled. Prowl ignored that comment and cleared his throat to get my attention. "Did you have to bully her?" he asked. "Bully her? I know her because she made my life a living hell... she didn't just metally bully me, but also physically at the point she tried to stab me. She stalked me and if you don't believe me go ask your police buddies about it... she got arrested once, is that the reason why she ended up at a military base? She was the biggest bitch in high school... everyone was below her... she would always humiliate me and now I finally got the chance to humiliate her and get revenge on all those things she said and did... I don't give a shit about her feelings..." I sneered and got up.

"Sit down, Galaxy..." Prowl ordered. "No! I am done talking... I want to be left alone. You got your answers..." I snapped and turned towards the stairs. "You will find your way out..." I scowled and headed up stairs, slamming the door closed behind me. I grabbed my sketchbook and sat down behind my desk, drawing to clear my mind. Although I told Prowl I wasn't in the mood to talk, he didn't leave and came into my room. He scanned my room briefly, looking at the paintings and drawings I made. "They are nice..." he said, sitting down on the small sofa. "Thanks..." I muttered but didn't look up or turned to face him. "Maybe instead of coming after me and telling me what to do... why don't you catch the murder of my mom instead?" I asked bitterly.

"Sorry?"

I stopped drawing and turned around. "My dad works closely with you guys... but you have no idea what happened a year ago? Before he joined N.E.S.T?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. "No, he doesn't talk much about his private life..." he replied. "My mom and I were out to do groceries and she got shot with a machine gun... thirty times... I got hit too, but for me it wasn't fatal... a month in the hospital and I was released... they never caught the killer... why don't you search for him instead of a stupid junkie?" I snapped, turning back to my drawing. "I am sorry for your loss..." he trailed off. "That's what I have heard for almost a year... doesn't change what happened and I don't want to be reminded by it either, but I do want to know who killed her..." I snapped. Prowl said nothing and I guess he was progressing what I just told him. "Alright..." I turned my head and watched him get up. "I will see what I can do..." he replied and left me perplexed behind. Is he serious?

The next following days, my uncle came back and he thought it was a good idea to invite over the twins. He never invited the twins before and I guessed he tried to make me socialize with others. I didn't like having visitors, so I climbed through the window and left, spending another night on the streets. I quietly left the neighborhood. Making sure my dad wouldn't notice it nor my brother.

Now most people are at home, with their families and have dinner. Other kinds of people showed themselves, gangs, criminals and junkies. Some parts of Washington DC are dangerous to enter at night and I knew where to come and where not. I pulled the hood of my hoodie over my head, hiding my face and my identity.