Chapter 1- Rose

I woke up at the wrong side of the bed as always. Bland white walls engulfed my vision as the light glow of the sun pierced through my window. Same old, same old.

Today is another regular day for me. Taking care of my mom, then get ready for school, spend time with Cassie, go home, clean, sleep and repeat. If you think your life sucks well mine is the suckiest if that is even a term. I guess I need to make that the new word here in Concordia.

I stood up against my will and went to my bathroom. Every morning, I let the warm water touch my skin which soothes me every single time. This is one of my favorite things in life. The water rippled down my skin leaving me with the feeling of dancing in the middle of a mid-summer rain. It's funny because I never imagined a happy life. What is a happy life? We've never had it here in our country, Concordia. We actually just live by. We live normally like any other people. Same life from the dark ages, medieval, etc. you get what I'm saying? The only difference is, I'm stuck in a time where freedom isn't an option.

Yet the government always said you are who you want to be. You can decide where and what you want to be, but the truth is you don't; the government controls everything and everyone knows that. It was an unspoken truth.

Although there is one thing that is free here. Death. The sweetest escape people can have. Life was never simple here in Concordia, everywhere you go is a dangerous trip with death.

It started two centuries ago, here in Concordia when this area was still called "America", when it stood in its glory as the strongest country in the world. Many countries were envious of what "America" has, thus starting the so called World War III between America and another country called "China".

China was always outshined by America making them look like second choice. During World War III many people died and many countries were conquered by the Americans. China was obliterated and the remaining people from it decided to flee to another place. After many years, it remained peaceful again. The name of America was changed to Concordia "The Land of Peace and Order".

The Americans felt the need to change the name of the country because the other countries conquered by the Americans were not given their freedom. Concordia became the name of the consolidated continents of the Americas and Europe. It was also believed that the change of name was to be able to start with a clean slate. As they say Word History, to rid of corruption and bad ills of the society. Everything was changed, especially, the system.

Due to the big territory, the Concordian lands were named with numbers starting from Area 1 to Area 100. These areas are all under the control of the Grandmasters from the lineage of the Goodfellows from Ground Zero, the capital of Concordia. Areas are led by the Grand Marshalls who control Marshalls which protects the area from threats of local crime and Invidian attacks.

Concordian Historians said it was the start of a glorious country. But it didn't last long; everything went to a halt when the Eastern Outsiders started to rebel. They were led by the Nipponese people. The Nipponese were the descendants of the so called Japanese people. They were holding a grudge since the World War II and were already plotting America's demise. China was just faster in action. I bet the Nipponese were happy since the Americans were still piecing their lives together after the war. They gladly took the remaining Chinese people under their protection and continued their plot of revenge against Concordia.

The Nipponese wrecked havoc on every country they took hold of. They took over vast lands that's near them thus creating the second super-country Invidia. In just a year of its existence, Invidia started bombing Concordia. Invidians were not scared to fight. They were barbaric as it seems. This attacks resulted to the World War IV or the so called Amaranthine War. The end is still far as we can see and as long as the end is not seen on the horizon, nowhere is safe. Not in any place that I know of, which is only Area 77.