Chapter 6 : Bold Step

JK : . . I-

Jeongguk attempted to speak but he could only look down at the sand with a sigh. He then gently clasped her palm into his and began to walk.

Occupied speaking to her special client, Ha Na was being softly dragged along by Jeongguk, without words.

Fairly tuned in by the situation, noticing the few folks around also retreating, Ha Na was calm.

Ha Na : (-over the call-) Yes, it is. (-after a pause-) Sure, I will have the change made to your convenience, Ms.Hwang.

However, she was so engrossed attending the call it slipped her comprehension, that Jeongguk's hand was still firmly wrapped around hers.

Ha Na : Ye? Right now? (-halts for a second-) No, there's no problem. I will have it done for you.

Jeongguk was aware of the skinship, but he simply held on for no apparent reason. It was like he missed the correct moment to let it go and now it was awkward to do so without appearing abrupt or harsh.

In the open beach, Jeongguk and Ha Na forced through the strong gale blowing around. Just the embrace of the palms, exchanging warmth and the simplest form of security.

Getting closer to their parents, however, he regained the opportunity and gently loosened his grip. Unaware of it all, she ended the call with an upset mien.

Ha Na : Well, seems like I have to head to the office for now. You all carry on. I will see you at home.

Ha Na did not wait for anyone to argue back, she casually went for her bag from Mr.Jeon's hold.

Mr.Jeon : Han-ie, the weather is growing dark. We'll drop you.

She didn't counter his words and they silently rode back to the match making agency.
Jeongguk, having listened to her conversation over phone, was wondering if there was a connection between that client and the threat of her department shutting down.

Mrs.Jeon : Han-ie, the rain doesn't look like it would stop anytime soon. Shall Jeonggukie come to pick you up?

The car halted right before her building, under a heavy shower that was almost blurring the sight.

As much as she wanted to agree with her, just so she could spend more time with Jeongguk. Ha Na didn't want to bother him on an inconvenient weather.

She had an old wound with rain and was never in good terms whenever it showered. Ha Na didn't want that irascible mood to meddle with their freshly healing bond.

Ha Na : It's fine. I will manage. Be safe.

With her last comment, she piled out covering her head with her coat and ran towards the entrance of the building.

Once the three made sure, she was inside, they began their ride back home. It was quiet. Or rather noisy caused from the rain.

The next day, even after the meeting place relocated according to her client's preferences, the date did not go well.

Mr.Hwang was pouring out all his disappointment over Mr.Yang, just like the rain outside over the horizon. And Ha Na disliked both as she quietly stood behind the Team leader.

Mr.Hwang : It has been a year and your competent little employee couldn't even give my daughter a single satisfactory experience. What's the point of this department anymore?