Chapter 3 : Love Maze

Ha Na : HEY!!

She exhaled in relief, seeing a familar face smiling at her. With her phone clasped between his fingers, he clutched a flower bouquet in his other hand.

Ha Na : Yang Il Pyeong! Where were you?

Il Pyeong : Same goes for you. I was at least looking. But, someone was too busy pouting here.

At his mocking imitations, Ha Na slapped his arm. She grabbed her phone back, going through her recent clicks.

Ha Na : Well, I knew you would look for me. So, I was waiting here.

Il Pyeong : (-scoffs-) Yeah, as if I don't know you smart pants.

Ha Na smirked and continued to look through the selfies to select and send Mrs.Jeon.

Il Pyeong: Oh, right! I snapped a photo of you when you were on the stage.

Ha Na whipped up at him with a surprised smile.

Ha Na : Really?!

Il Pyeong was already on his cellphone, looking for the picture and flashed it to her. He felt satiated, seeing the smile of satisfaction and glee in her face. Just like he had imagined it while capturing the picture.

Ha Na : (-admiring his click-) Ya, thanks so much! I thought I wouldn't have any of these.

Il Pyeong : You wouldn't miss out on anything, until your best friend is here.

He puffed up his chest proudly, only to make Ha Na slap it back in—both grinning.

Il Pyeong : Also, this.

He forwarded the flower bouquet in his hand to Ha Na. She sadly looked at it for a second's consideration, but immediately pushed it back to him.

Ha Na : Yah, you got this from your parents. Why are you giving it to me?

Il Pyeong : Did you see for yourself that I received this from them?

Il Pyeong laid out a careful question, with a straight face, hoping she didn't.

Ha Na : Umm.. No.

Il Pyeong : You little-

His sigh of relief rekindled his bright face, almost unnoticed by Ha Na however.

Il Pyeong : See! I bought this for you, silly.

Ha Na : For real? (-taking it finally-) Waah, thanks again, pal! But, where are your parents though?

Il Pyeong : (-smiles-) They are by the cafeteria. I came here looking for you.

Ha Na : Ah, I see. (-sniffing the flowers-) It smells nice.

Il Pyeong : Where are yours?

Ha Na : Hm? (-smiles awkwardly-) Gukie has a concert today. They went to Seoul.

Il Pyeong's expressive features instantly transformed to a frown and sulk, on behalf of his friend.

Il Pyeong : Yaah, aren't they being too much? It's your graduation too. How many of that is gonna come? And how many concerts is he gonna have in future?

Ha Na gave him some gentle patts on his head.

Ha Na : There, there. It's alright. I have you.