Chapter 2: Until We Meet Again

"Everything has been settled, honey?" she asked.

"Pretty much everything. We'll be leaving next week." Mr Nelson said to her wife. The Nelson family have been quite busy for the past two months trying to tie all the end knots ever since Mr Nelson received the news that he'll be working abroad. He has been promoted as the Chief Operation Officer at the LG Korean Company where he's working. The news come as a shock to the family at first and the kids were pretty much upset as it means leaving their family and friends behind but after a few talk, they seem to have settled down. At the age of 12, Sharon was unsure how to react to the whole situation. It's been a while since she talked to Park Jimin and she wanted to tell him about the news but she was unsure how she can reach him. And yet, it has been a while since he visited his hometown. She knew he was busy preparing himself to become an entertainer. She was thinking that at least she can bid him a proper goodbye, like what he did before he moved to Seoul. Park Jimin's family too are preparing to move to a new area in Busan since the family have purchased a new house. Life has been pretty much the same for them but she knew deep inside, she will miss that friend.

****************

As the gate to their home closed, silence fills the air. The Nelsons know that it'll be some time before they return back to Korea again. As the time drew closer, it seems surreal that they'll be moving to another county altogether.

"Are you okay,kids?" Mrs Nelson turned her attention to the kids as they drive to the airport. Danny , Dania and Sharon seemed to be really quiet.

"Don't worry kids. We'll be fine." added Mr Albert. He knows what is going through with his teenage kids but his youngest is something that he has to deal with when they are there later. She has been pretty quiet ever since. He just hopes that she will be able to adapt herself there. He have arranged so that their neighbourhood and surrounding them are close to their culture and language so they won't feel homesick much, which is something that he ponders a lot before he accept the job.

Meanwhile, looking through window, shehas only one thought – that Park Jimin will receive the letter she left him.

*****************

"I didn't know that she moved. She didn't tell me about it "lamented Park Jimin one day when he took the time off and visited his family on Lunar Year. He wanted to go and visit her the moment he reached home but his mother stopped him.

"I know that she would have tried to tell you about it. But you know how it is with your dance studio and agency. You're a trainee now and she can't easily reach out to you, right? Besides, you rarely got the time off. But she left you something" she added as she handed him the letter that Daisy has left him months ago. Even faster than a lightning, he got hold of the letter and headed straight to his room, opening the letter and begins reading it:

Dear Park Jimin ,

JimJim ah ~~~~ I'm not sure when are you going to read my letter but I believe when you read this, I'm pretty much already at my new place.TT

I know that this might come as a surprise and I was. Leaving Korea, my family and my friend is something that I don't know how to handle. But even so, I don't really have a choice. Danny and Dania throws tantrum how they don't want to but I guess I myself didn't want to too.

I bid our teachers and friend goodbye. And I bid goodbye to your parent too. Do tell them that I am grateful and thankful for their kindness. Aunty always gives me nicefood. And uncle has always been very nice to me and to my family. Your family is a kind family.

I hope I will make a lot of friend there at the new place. I am scared about how the people are there. Guess our English lesson paid off huh? I get to use it there.

How's your training going on? I bet you are doing a great job. Don't give other people hard times okay! Listen to them and you'll be fine. Be kind to other too okay! Don't bully them. Instead, do kind things and take care of them. Do that and you'll be loved? Remember? Hey~~ you're the one who taught me that.

Then again, don't slack on your study. Don't sleep during classes...which I told you before too when you moved to Seoul. I won't be around to cover for you. But you are brilliant so I know you will do just fine.

What else huh? I don't want to cry but I am such a crybaby (and you teased me a lot about it)Right, always remember to work hard on your dream okay. It's great because you already know what you wanted to do at our age while I'm still thinking of what I wanted to do when I grow up. I should start thinking too, right ?

Wow...guess this is it huh? When you miss me... just remember that I want you to shine bright from where you are so that I can see you from where I am.

Until we meet again...let's remember our friendship always

Your Friend

Sharon

As he folds the letter...something struck his heart and he doesn't know what it is. But he realised that how lucky he was to have a friend like her and she'll always be a part of who he is in the future. He spend the rest of the evening going through some of his album reminiscing and it was his first experiencing goodbye. Later that night, he packed that album so he could look at them when he is at Seoul.