Where It All Went Down

Eugene was actually excited for the video they were shooting today (for once). The Try Guys would be recreating Korean Drama, which Eugene had extensive knowledge of. He's seen almost every one, his family always had them on. So today he was in charge of getting everything set up and running the video. The one thing he wasn't in charge of, was who would be partnered with each other. That responsibility was given to Zach. He wished he would have been, so what happened that day didn't.

It was all fun and games until the guys actually had to shoot the romantic acting scene that they chose from a popular drama. Eugene has picked a scene with a kiss in it, knowing it would be funny for the fans to live out their little 'Zagene' fantasy's. What he didn't account for was the fact that everyone would much rather see Zach and Keith together (cause many people thought they actually were) and that Eugene would be left with Ned.

Before the scene was about to be shot, Eugene pulled Zach aside by the collar of his shirt. "What the fuck, Zach? Why'd you put me with Ned? I thought you and me were going together!" His voice was simultaneously a whisper and a yell.

"Why would you think that?" Zach look genuinely confused.

"I don't...know. I just thought-"

Zach put a finger to Eugene's lips. "Shhhhh shhh. Shush. Don't think. Just do." Zach walked back over to the set, getting ready for the scene. Eugene sighed. If he was gonna do this, he might as well go all in, right? He stood behind Ned, grabbing his shoulder jokingly. "Ready for the best performance of the century?" Ned laughed a nodded, but Eugene couldn't forget the way he tensed up when he had touched him.

When it was finally Eugene and Ned's turn, they took the two seats facing each other. Eugene has to bite the inside of his cheek to keep himself from laughing at loud at Ned's wig. The whole scene went pretty well, but Eugene got nervous as they approached the ending. The kissing scene. His plan was to simply peck Ned on the lips, just like Keith and Zach. But when he saw Ned sitting in front of him, eyes closed and lips puckered, he couldn't help himself. He lunged over to the shorter man, holding his face in his hands, he kissed Ned feverishly, not caring about the red lipstick smeared across his face. When he pulled away, the whole crew started laughing. Keith and Zach had tears in their eyes. Eugene laughed along with them, thanking god everyone had played it off as a joke. But Ned wasn't laughing. He started back at Eugene, genuine shock in his face. He'd felt the way Eugene's hands had held him, the way he lips moved against his own. It was real. It was too real.