Where It Happened Again

Eugene was going to at least try to get things back to normal. How could he though, when Ned refused to show up to their next shoot?

Zach and Keith took turns calling Ned's phone, but to no avail. He refused to answer. When one of them suggested going over to his house to check on him, Eugene was all too eager to volunteer.

"I'll go! I mean...uh..." He shoved his hands into his pockets causally. "I'll go. I can go." Keith and Zach were quick to agree, deciding that they'd start the video without the two and finish it when they got back.

Eugene was lucky he didn't get pulled over, he sped so fast to get to Ned's house. When he got there, he saw a familiar car in the driveway and it made him a little nervous. If Ned was home, why didn't he show up? What if he was hurt or something? Eugene got out quickly, his fist banging hard against the front door. He waited a couple seconds before banging on it again. His second knock, the door swung open and he almost fell over. There was Ned, his expression showing he was surprised that Eugene was the one who showed up.

"Oh. Hey Gene. What are you...doing here?"

"Are you serious?" Eugene crossed his arms over his chest, annoyed. "Why were you at the shoot today, Ned?"

Ned put a hand to his forehead, a look of fake surprise on his face. "We has a shoot today? Shit I forgot I'm sorry." He looked down awkwardly, rocking on his heels. "My bad."

Eugene raised an eyebrow. "You're an awful liar, you know that? You never even been late to a video shoot before, there is no way in hell you just 'forgot' that we had one. So wanna tell me the truth?"

The shorter man sighed, chewing on the inside of his lips. "No not really actually."

"Too bad." Eugene pushed his way inside closing the front door behind him. "Let's go, Fulmer. Tell me."

"Okay rude." Ned went into the living room, sitting on the couch and the Asian man followed. "Isn't it obvious? Are you really gone make me say it? That's kind of mean. Torture, even."

Eugene groaned, rolling his eyes. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Would you just say it, for Christ's sake?"

"I think I really have feelings for you. Like, big feelings, okay? There. I said it. You happy now? And I'm trying -or, was trying- to deal with them before I had to see you again, which I thought would make it harder, which mind you, it is. But you had to come barging down my door so now I didn't have a choice whether to see you or not and it's confusing me even more. I'm just trying to get my head straight right now, okay Eugene? And I'd really appreciate it if I could do that on my own. So. Thank you for coming, really appreciate it, but I think one video without me in it is not going to kill the fans."

Ned looked up, and for the first time (ever?), he saw Eugene look genuinely dumbfounded. It was as if he had no words to say. And he didn't. So for a whole minute, the longest minute of Ned's life, he just stared at him. And when Eugene finally shook his head and looked like he was coming out of his state of disbelief, he kissed him.