Chapter forty-eight

Lia's POV

Where am I? I open my eyes to see a bright light causing me to close my eyes again. I opened them again to see ten pairs of eyes on me. What's going on? Who are these people? I look around the room to see my best friend looking at me.

"Nat?" I mumbled.
"Lia. It's ok." She said sitting next to me.

"Wh-what h-happened?" I asked shakily. All of a sudden the door opened and in walked a young women all dressed in white.

"Hello Miss Wallace. I am your doctor Jenny and I will be looking after you while you're here." She smiled. "I just need to take a few tests." She said. The other people in the room took that as a sign and walked out all apart from one boy standing in the corner by the door.

"Who are you?" I asked him and when he looked up he looked like his heart had broken in two. I could see his tears slowly building up before he ran out of the room closing the door behind him.

"Jenny. Who was he?" I asked her and she looked at me confused.

"Lia. What do you remember?" She asked looking at the clipboard.

"I remember moving in with Nat with her parents and younger sister and we go to college together." I said.

"So you don't remember any of the other people?" She asked. I shook my head in response. "Lia. I think you may have slight brain damage. Do you remember anything from the accident?" That's when it hit me. Me and someone else went to see 5SOS and we got into a argument on the way home. I walked off and got stabbed on the way home and then I balcked out. All I remember then is turning up here.

"I was walking home on my own after me and a boy got into an argument and I got stabbed walking down an allyway. The last thing I remember is blacking out and then ending up back at a house to see Megan answering the door and then the paramedics. That's it." I said looking at her.

"OK. Lia. I have a feeling you may have knocked your head when you blacked out. I will need to send you off for a scan to see if you do have brain damage. I will be right back." Jenny said before walking out.

Connor's POV

I had to get out of there. She couldn't remember me. This is all my fault. I should have gone after her. I shouldn't have left her to walk home by herself.

"Connor what happened?" I got snapped out of my faults by James walking over to me.

"Leave me alone." I shouted. "Just leave me alone." I mumbled walking over to a chair. I sat in it and then just broke down.

"Con. Talk to us. What happened?" Megan asked sitting next to me.

"Sh-she doesn't re-remember me." I stuttered out through my sobs. This is the first time I've cried in years and I could tell none of the boys knew what to do.

"What do you mean? She doesn't remember you. She remembers me." Nat said confusion laced into her voice.

"That's exactly it Natalie. She doesn't remember me, the boys or Laura. She only remembers you, your family and Megan. She doesn't even remember moving to Birmingham or meeting us." I said before breaking down again. "I-I need to go. I need to get out of here." I said standing up and walking out of the waiting room before exiting the hospital. What's the point in trying if she won't ever remember me? I thought to myself. I walked away from the hospital and started to cross the road lost with my own thoughts before I heard the screeching of tires and a car heading towards me.