Chapter 3

Owen kissed Claire with a grin while he backed her against a corner. She was smiling back, her fingers holding a pack of crackers as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him soundly.

It had been about five weeks since the first night they had spent together, and from that moment on, they didn't stop.

"I'm sorry I got you sick." He frowned, watching her nibble on a cracker before she broke a piece and fed it to him. "But I really though you'd like the restaurant." He rubbed the back of his head.

The previous night, the two of them had gone out to have dinner at a new Indian food restaurant by the resorts. The place was a hit, and the waiting list for a reservation was meters long. Owen however, had pulled some strings and done some innocent flirting with the manager of the place, so he could be squeezed in for a table for two.

"I did!" She assured him, "The food was delicious and your company was amazing." She flirted while pulling at his vest. "And after dinner...that was...mind blowing" She flirted, curving her body against his, feeling his hand on the small of her back pushing her against him.

"You are mind blowing." He offered between pecks.

"Maybe we can explode some things after my meeting? What do you say?" She nibbled on her lower lip, her fingers massaging his chest.

Owen smiled, leaving tender kisses down her neck while they hid around the corner of the hall where the conference room was located.

There was some sort of unspoken agreement between the two of them that it wasn't necessary to discuss the nature of their relationship, putting a label to it. They were also keeping it low profile: after all, she was his boss and that was always frowned upon. All that mattered to them was that they were best friends — who often happened to have great sex.

"You know I'm always up for it." He nodded, pressing her against the wall and kissing her one last time before letting her go.

"Okay, I'll text you once I find a window." She promised with a couple of pecks before she headed to the conference room and waited for her meeting to start.

Both Owen and Zara had insisted Claire take the day off and get some rest, after she had thrown up what they thought was food poisoning out of her system, but the operations manager was stubborn and had insisted she was fine; there was no need for bed rest if she wasn't dying.

It was halfway through the meeting that Claire turned to look at her assistant, and without saying a word, she rushed out of the room. Claire shoved the glass door open and headed straight to the restroom, where she threw up all the crackers she had been munching on, as well as other stuff she had no idea where it came from, since her stomach was empty. This was the fourth time she was feeling sick during that day.

Zara was quick to end the meeting there: she didn't give many details, only informed the investors she'd be postponing it on the operations manager's behalf and would send them an e-mail shortly.

Once the conference room was empty, Zara headed to the nearest restroom, where she found Claire throwing up her soul.

"Has anyone else complained about getting food poisoning from that place?" Claire groaned as she flushed the toilet and closed the lid. She rested her forehead on it for a few seconds and took a deep breath.

Zara reached out with a bottle of water she had brought with her, and Claire took a few sips. "I don't believe so, but I'll check on it." She nodded.

"Ugh. I feel like crap on toast." The redhead whined before she drank some more water. "The food was good, but I'm afraid I'll never eat there again!"