Chapter 4

News traveled fast on Isla Nublar, so it hadn't taken too long for every single soul to hear that the Operations Manager was pregnant. By the time she was showing, it was a worn out piece of gossip, and she was finally able to walk around the park without too many people staring and judging her.

Claire had the most perfect rounded belly, and neither she nor Owen could get enough of it. She was particularly enjoying the fact that she got to do some online shopping for maternity clothes that would fit her: now on her fifth month, she was basically getting new outfits shipped to her every couple of weeks.

Owen thought it was an exaggeration to get almost a dozen new outfits that she would wear just once before they didn't fit anymore, but whatever she wanted she got — plus, it was her money and she could manage it as she liked.

They were at the medical care center on the island: it had taken them this long to be able to agree on an appointment. Every time Claire cancelled one, Owen would scold her, knowing how important it was for them to have an ultrasound done and check on their little bean's development.

Owen and Zara worked together to keep clearing her schedule for that one day, so he was able to finally drag Claire to the clinic.

Owen helped her with the buttons on the back of her blouse and placed a soft kiss on her lips before she went to change into the gown they had offered. He didn't let her walk away until he could feel their bean moving inside her belly for a little bit.

Once Claire was comfortable on the bed, she took Owen's hand in hers and waited for the technician to do her job. Both of them were beyond excited, anxious to meet their baby for the first time.

"Thank you for forcing me to come do this." She smiled lovingly, Owen leaning down to kiss her lips a couple of times.

"You are welcome." He offered. Both of them chuckled at Claire's whimper after feeling the cold gel being spread around her baby bump.

"Alright, let's see what we have here." The technician smiled at the couple. She too was glad to see they had finally made it, but without scolding the mother too harshly, since she knew Claire was the Operations Manager, and finding a spot that worked for both parents, with her busy schedule, was hard.

It didn't take long for the elder woman to find a clear image for the parents to understand: this far into the pregnancy the baby was practically formed.

"See? It's a boy!" Owen didn't wait for the technician to explain the image to them.

"Can you please tell him we are having a girl so he can start moving on?" Claire sighed.

"That's his willy RIGHT there." Owen pointed at the monitor.

"How do you know?" Claire rolled her eyes.

"Trust me, I know. He got if from me after all." Owen insisted.

"Jeez."

"Actually, Mr Grady, that's a leg." The technician finally found a second to do her job and explain the grainy screen to the parents to be.

"Are you sure?" Claire adjusted and bent forward a little, trying to get a closer look, because if that was a leg, she was not understanding the image at all. "I'm counting three legs, how is that possible?"

"Well, Ms Dearing—"

"It doesn't matter. We will love HIM regardless." Owen was more interested in finding out if it was a boy or a girl.

"That's three legs and two heads." Claire gasped after she had started to figure out the screen on her own, far over the whole gender battle by then.