Jace's perspective

Clary woke up after me and her best friend, Simon Lewis, called the nurse to take her in. Before she woke up, it looked like she wasn't breathing. I got worried, even though she was a mundane AND a student. I knew she hated me, it was obvious. She hated the way I smirked and grinned at her, but I kept on doing it either way. I loved the way she always came into class late, and that door was my best invention.

Seeing her in that bed in the nurse's room, it didn't really hurt me. The only thing I could do was imagine myself in her situation. But I couldn't really do that because I knew she wasn't hurting, I knew what she was. She wouldn't get away that easily. Pretending to be a mundane was clever, for sure. But in a school? God you're stupid Clary. She could of getting caught easily by anyone.

Simon noticed that Clary woke up, I myself, stood in the corner of the room waiting for Simon to leave. How could Clary actually pretend to be friends with this guy? Was she being brainwashed by him? This guy was really annoying.

"Simon" said Clary you could see she was using all her power to smile, but she finally got enough strength to smile after she said "You came". Her cheek fluff gathered up in a ball on both sides of her cheeks, making it really hard for me not to smile. But I kept it covered.

"I've always been here" Simon said. Oh so cheesy you are, making her believe that. Now, who was the person who went to get soda 2 minutes after watching over Clary? I wanted to tell him that. But then again, I didn't wanna ruin the moment so bad. So instead, I coughed. That was the smartest thing I could come up with for the moment.

"You done?" I asked them, Clary looked very annoyed at me. I actually only wanted Clary to get annoyed, but it seemed like I got Simon on the string too.

"Don't you have lessons to take care of?" Clary asked. Clary looked very tired at me, seems like she enjoyed what I said. I pulled a stone face but seeing Clary so frustrated made me wanna grin so bad. "And where are we?" Clary asked. Clary played it very well, I have to be honest she did a good job. "Wait, why are we in the hospital? Did I hurt myself?" Clary asked and sat up from the bed. I didn't really care the next few minutes because all that was going on was cheesy stuff between Simon and Clary.

I coughed again, I didn't have time to watch this cheesy story.

"You done yet? I wanna talk to Clary." I asked him, or more like I ordered him, I liked it that way. I crossed my arms, that way, it made time go faster.

"Yeah, sure." Simon said. Stupid enough, he still sat beside the bed. "Alone" I said again, I just wanted to tell Simon to leave. I pointed at the door. "Controlling much?" he said when he stood up from the chair and went out the door. I started walking towards Clary slowly but then the stupid crackhead came in again and waved. You could see he hadn't showered in days, he wasn't even blonde. He closed the door again and went out.

"You never answered any of my questions" Clary said, did I really have to? Well, here we go then. I leaned towards the chair that Simon sat on. "Yeah, well... Here's the fast version" I said to her then told the whole story. I started stroking the edge of the bed, because I didn't have a place to put my hands.

She looked down at her legs, I almost felt like a dad to her.. yuck. She took 4 deep breathes per minute, I would say she's organized, but her life is going downhill.

"Mr. Herondale, you're a teacher. You should go back to your students." she said. She was still looking down, her light red hair covered her face. She tumbled with her thumbs, her nails were painted with rose coloured nail polish, but it was almost fully scraped off. I started talking.

"1, I cancelled them all and 2, you're one of my students. And... call me Jace" I said and could finally release my inner power, a smirk. Clary smiled. "You've been wanting to do that since Simon left, didn't you?" she said. I tried to hold my smirk but instead I broke out a little laughter. Clary was, hilarious, I must say. Pretending she's hurt and trying to be funny at the same time. Just like before.

"So, Jace.." she said quietly and looked like she struggled to bite her bottom lip. "Care to explain why you plan to spend the whole day with me?" she said and blinked only once. I looked down at my arms. "I'm a teacher, right? I don't have to tell you my plans in the future" I said and tried to wink but a smirk came instead. I started walking towards the door, I couldn't stay here that long. Alec needed me.

"When are you going to stop doing that?" she asked and I knew exactly what she meant. "Do what?" I said and showed my teeth. I closed the door and went out.

-

I closed the door tight, I knew exactly who was waiting there. Alec.

"Really, Jace, a student and a mundane?"

"Oh come on, you know she's none of those"

"We don't have time for this, Izzy needs our help."

"When it comes from her, it's an order"

♡ To be continued ♡