Alexander Lightwood

I was standing outside the room where Clary and Jace were talking, I can't believe he really thinks she's not a mundane. Even though she could be one of us, I don't want her to. It will change everything and right now I have the perfect balance of friends and enemies. Suddenly a man came out of the room, not Jace but someone with darker hair and a blue flannel shirt.

"Hey" He said when he went past me, I myself leaned against the wall with arms crossed. I didn't say anything back, I just glanced and hoped that Jace would leave this sick place soon.

The nurse had a really big space, even though it was only for a school. It looked like a hospital, corridors going to the left and right and a counter where people could check in and out. The walls were striped near the roof with a dark blue colour, everything else was light blue. Dang, almost everything was blue today.

I was almost half asleep when the door opened again and someone stepped out, this time it was Jace.

'Finally' I thought to myself. He closed the door and started to look around, I did the same.

"Really, Jace, a student and a mundane?" I told him, he didn't even put a smile on his face.

"Oh come on, you know she's none of those" Jace said and had his hands in his front pockets of his black jeans, still looking around. I rolled my eyes.

"We don't have time for this, Izzy needs our help." I said and started walking, this place was too clean for me.

"When it comes from her, it's an order" Jace said and also started walking with me, he didn't have his hands in his pockets anymore. He started fixing his jacket as we both walked out of the building.

Jace was never the man who cared, I mean, he cared for us but never for someone he didn't know. Even though Clary was his student and had been for approximately 2 years, he acted like he knew her inside out. And still if he's gonna try and 'catch' her, people will notice and he's still overage and she's underage. People would think he's a pedophile, which he kinda is. I laughed quietly at the joke I had made up in my head. 

"What?" Jace glanced at me, almost staring. 

"Wow, you do really have good hearing?" I said back.

"One and only" He said and winked, I'm starting to think that he actually has a routine when to wink, smirk or grin.

"Come on we don't have time for this shit" I said, looking forward.

"Oh, fiercy" Jace said and winked with both of his eyes so his eyelashes were almost flying. I smiled.

Me and Jace walked were walking along the pavement leading to the place we were supposed to meet up Izzy. Izzy might be disappointed right now, thinking that Jace is hooking up instead of helping mundanes. But I think that Jace is actually serious about this, he just doesn't notice. He doesn't wanna notice. I had my eyes open when I walked down the street, something can happen anytime. I threw a stare at Jace when he was looking the other way, his hair was flowing with the wind but was still stable enough to stand all still. You could see one of his runes peak out at his neck, I was beside him. 

"It's rune, Alec, you have seen one before" Jace said when he turned his head looking toward, almost to me.

"Yeah, yeah, of course I know that" I nodded and said, I looked down so he wouldn't make eye contact with him. His shoes were all black and grey by all the grit he had stepped on. His pants were black, almost everyone of us wore black but Jace pulled it off better than all of us. 

"You seem, bothered" Jace said but I couldn't see his face while looking down so, I looked up. "No, not at all, I'm just very tired. I need to get home as soon as possible" I said, it felt like I was lying. It felt like I actually looked at him for a reason, but I don't really care about that.

"You can go, I'll take care of this mission" Jace said, I noticed he still had his hands in his pockets of his pants. 

"No don't do that, we need to do this together. You're still kind of hurt from the last one" I said and tried to convince Jace to not to do so, but I knew he would be trying to convince me to go. He opened his mouth for a split second, but then closed it.

"Yeah, you're right" Jace said but kind of mumbled. "I mean, we don't wanna disappoint Izzy more than she already is" 
I was both glad and surprised that Jace said so because then I knew he had thought the same as me but still.. he changed his mind? Jace doesn't do that often.

I nodded once again. "You know how it is" I said trying to make the conversation a little more funky instead of awkward. We turned around the last corner to see Izzy standing there, it wasn't scary though.

"You're late, again" Izzy said and her voice went a little higher when she said 'late'. Izzy wore black jeans with a currant coloured tight shirt that went down to her waist, but she had a black jacket over it. She had her arms crossed.

"Thanks, I noticed that" Jace said back with a pinch of sarcasm. "Come on Izzy, we're sorry. Can we just continue with the mission?" I asked Izzy. I was behind Jace, so I tried to make my way beside him.

"Yes, we're going now. But.." Izzy said but stopped in the middle of everything. Jace and I were both confused.

"I won't tell mom, but I cook dinner tonight!" Izzy finally spoke. She started walking and me and Jace were both shocked and terrified.

"Wait, Isabelle!" Both of us said and ran up to Izzy.

♡ To be continued ♡