Chapter 15

As predicted the weather is perfect for rollerblading. It's sunny and around forty eight degrees, but the sun is making it feel warmer. I was so excited I even opened my window just to feel the sun dance on my vampire pale skin. It's been a long winter and I'm ready to get out again.

I need to borrow a helmet from Henry, he's one of my favorite people to rollerblade with. Nicole isn't so much of a fan, she usually just sits and watches us. I'm also borrowing his skates too. I walk into the living room hoping to catch Henry before he heads out for the day. I stop dead in my tracks because Nicole is on top of him and they are in full on make out mode. I knew they were seeing each other, but I've never seen them go at each other like wild animals.

"Ahem," I say.

Nicole literally jumps in the air and lands on her ass, and I can't help but crack up. I fold my arms at my chest and shake my head at them.

"Um... I need your helmet for Jace," I say directly to Henry.

Nicole stands holding her behind and rubbing it from the fall.

"It's in the closet," he says.

"Great!" I say heading towards the closet.

"So you guys couldn't have done that in Nicole's room?" I ask.

"Didn't realize you were still here," Nicole says wiping her mouth.

"So you're taking him rollerblading?" Henry asks.

"Yup," I say with a smile as I shut the door.

I start whistling as I'm getting everything ready. I've already put the skates in a bag by the door, and now I just have to fit these helmets inside. When I stand to grab my sweater I'm met with curious looks.

"What?" I question.

"You're smiling," she says.

"And that's a bad thing?" I ask.

"Well ... when you're trying to break a guy's heart you'd think smiling would be the last thing on your mind," she says.

"I can have fun in the process can't I?" I ask. "Or do I just have to be miserable for the rest of my life? Look I know this whole thing could get out of hand, I get it. Jace and I are just having fun that's all. He's not too bad to hang out with, but it's not like I'm going to miss it when it's over," I say.

"Please be careful," Nicole pleads.

"Always am baby girl," I tell her.

"Be home before midnight young lady! Oh and don't you forget my boyband debut is next week. You promised you'd let me borrow that One Direction CD so I can learn the words," Henry says.

The Galaxy decided that their next theme night would be a boyband theme. Henry and Jace ended up forming their own boyband for the occasion, and they are slotted to sing some 1D songs on stage.

"I wouldn't miss it! And yes I'll get it out for you when I get home," I say.

"Me neither, and I won't believe it till I see it," Nicole adds.

"Right? I'm starting to think it's all just a lie." I tease.

"Oh it's very real ladies, we've got the right stuff," he says.