Chapter 2: Falling In Love With You

Words: 671

*King P.O.V*

I woke up to the smell of pancakes.

I knew it was Ban's work because if it wasn't, we had another master chef in the tavern. Tired and not really bothered to move, I lay in place and try to fall asleep again until I notice the same slender figure from last night, peering over me. Ban.

In shock, I fling myself upwards and manage to somehow land only inches away from his pale, beautiful fa- WHAT AM I THINKING?!
I DON'T like Ban, do I?
I shook my head and looked up at him.

"What do you want?" I mumbled in an ungrateful manner.

"You're gonna have to speak up, sweetheart~"
He answers.

"What do you want?" I repeated but this time in a louder voice.

"I want you to come and eat," He says sternly. "I know that you've been starving yourself, King"

I glance at him in utter shock and laugh awkwardly. How? How does he know all this?

"Elaine." Ban answers out of the blue.

"But I didn't say anyt-"

"Elaine told me."

"A-about what?"

At this point my palms got really sweaty, what DID she tell him? And was it something bad? Is this why he hates me?

"The fact that you've been protecting me all this time. So I decided that I would return the favour and protect you for as long as you lived. And I can't have suicidal actions be the ones that take you away! I CAN'T bear anyone else I love being taken away from me!"

My heart stopped. He LOVES me? He...he...
He
Loves
ME?

*End P.O.V*

The room fell silent. Ban was looking at King and King had his head down. Both unsure of what to do, the pair both stay idle in place.

*Ban P.O.V*

"Hey King I-"

Just at that moment, I feel Kings chastifol speed past my ear and towards him. He then grabs onto it and speeds the other way. I wonder where he's going...wAIT!

The Fairy King's Forest!

I desperately try grabbing onto the chastifol but King disappears within seconds. Defeated, I throw myself back into bed and think.

                   Did I do something wrong?

*King P.O.V*

I'm zooming past forests and rivers, trying to get as far away from the Tavern as possible. I look back and can still see the Boar Hat slightly and decide to fly in another way until I notice a rather familiar area I've flown into...could it be...?  Without a doubt! It must be! In that case...

*End P.O.V*

King glides towards the Sacred Tree and slithers through the different tunnels to fine Elaine in her bed of flowers. The sight sets a trigger of emotions to erupt and King begins mourning her death all whilst saying,

                       It should've been me...

*King P.O.V*

I look down at Elaine with a sunken facial expression and sigh. Why did I have fall in love with Ban? I couldn't bear the thought of me stealing away her man but...I can't help it...

        I can't help, falling in love with you~

                   Ban, the Fox Sin of Greed~

"It's alright, King. I don't mind."

My head shot up and I see Elaine sitting there with a smile upon her face. I felt a tear roll down my face as I flung myself towards her.

"ELAINE!"

We hold each other for what feels like days and then finally separate, both of us have big smiles on our faces.

"So, Ban huh?" Elaine questioned.

I felt my whole body go cold.

"I...I.."

I immediately shook my head and looked down once again.

"I know he's yours..."

...

"Ha ha ha! King your so funny!"

My head shoots up and my eyes meet with Elaine's.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask.

"Oh King, you've known Ban for far longer than I have! No wonder you like him! Anyways, I think that you two are a better pair," She answers, winking at me and then turning to view the forest.

"You match."

A/N: Sorry this chapter isn't as long as the last one, I promise the next one will be though! See ya later!

~FanFictionFanatic