Chapter 3: Deception and Lies

"You match."

Those words pierced through my skin and straight into my heart, I never thought I'd hear the day that Elaine would let me like or even be with Ban! I smiled at her as tears streamed down my face.

"That's why..."

'That's why'? What is she talking about?

"THAT'S WHY I CAN'T LET YOU BE WITH HIM!"

*Third Person POV*

Elaine struck King as hard as she could, piercing through his stomach and out the other end. King gasped and fell limp as the pain got to him, all he could see was red...red and...red and blue?

*Ban POV*

I knew it! I shouldn't have let King get away! I dashed towards Elaine's body and struck it. She let out a loud scream before she fell to the floor and lay motionless. I didn't want to have to do this but... I had to in order to save MY King from that beast of a woman who I once called mine. As soon as I knew she was gone, I rushed towards King.

"K-king! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Oh who am I kidding of course you are!" I stumbled.

"Ban...you don't need to worry about me..I...deserve this...all of this...I deserve to die..."

"KING STOP! I CAN'T BEAR WATCHING YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF!" I burst out, unable to hold it in anymore.

"B-ban..."

"NO! I WON'T HEAR ANOTHER WORD OUT OF YOUR MOUTH UNLESS IT'S SOMETHING GOOD!"

"I...I..."

All of a sudden, King started to cry. I thought I knew why, after all I know him very well but...I was wrong.

"It's just so hard to deal with...I don't know if I can cope any longer!" He screamed.

"Now what did I say about-"

"BAN STOP! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH!"

He was right. I didn't have an honest clue about anything he was going through.

"Well then- Tell me how I can help! I know you hate me but I just want to understand you and whatever you're going through, so please, let me help..."

*King POV*

I looked up at his dreamy eyes and sighed.

"I guess I do have some explaining to do...about this...about everything...so...where should I begin...oh yes..."

"Now wait a moment! We can't be here whilst you're explaining these types of things! Not when her corpse is here and you're wounded!" Ban exclaimed.

"O-oh...Ok then, where should we go then?" I reply quietly.

"You know exactly where we need to go, King."

"I do...?"

"Yeah, Home."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading and I hope you stick around for more! It's short but hey, that's just me!

Words: 436

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------