Twelve

WARNING: There is some triggering homophobic/transphobic language and slurs in this chapter. By no means does it represent my personal thoughts towards the LGBTQ+ community. I fully love and support people of all genders, sexual orientations, races, etc. I am simply showing just how evil and heartless their management is in this particular work of fiction. Again, consider this a warning before you read on and treat people with kindness <3

Harry felt his face go whiter than a sheet and he could see the shook and worried eyes of his friends and boyfriend. Gary was staring at him with a stone cold and heartless expression. Harry slid his hands that were hiding under the table to cradle his swollen stomach, as if to comfort Indie while also comforting himself.

"He's not hiding anything, Gary," Louis snapped, his defensive side coming out. '

"Oh, of course you're going to be the first to defend him," Gary argued.

"Before we get into an argument, what are you talking about?" Liam asked, trying to keep the fight at bay for a moment longer.

"So, you're unaware to the thing bulging out of his midsection? I find that hard to believe," Gary scoffed.

The only thing that Harry wanted in that moment was death. This wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't part of his plans. He knew that they would find out that he and Louis had a child, but it wasn't supposed to be while it was still in Harry's womb. He wanted to protect her from that evil.

"How do you know that it's a pregnancy? Maybe he has a stomach tumor. Ever think of that, shithead?" Louis shot.

"A tumor? Right. That's why Paul gave us all of the details of where he was taking you and Harry," Gary snapped. "You think that he would keep it hidden? Not when he thought that it would save his job."

"So, what else aren't you telling us? You're a fucking tranny?" one of the other management members insulted.

Harry could feel the tears burn at the back of his eyes. Hearing the hatred come out in these people's voices, the horrid homophobia and transphobia. They think that they had so much power over him and the rest of the boys and the sad part was that the band let them keep thinking that they did because all of the boys were too scared what would happen if they stood up to Modest!. Where would they go? What would happen? It was a risk that none of them wanted to take.

There was shouting going across the room between everyone except for Harry. He just sat there, the voices muffled as he focused on what was going to happen after this meeting and why Paul would even say anything, betraying both his and Louis' trust. He thought that he could trust him.

"Would everyone just shut up?" a booming voice yelled, causing everyone to quit yelling at one another and look at the door. It was the ever so lovely Simon.

His eyes scanned the four boys, not looking at all pleased or merciful towards any of them, specifically Louis and Harry. He took his spot next to Gary at the head of the table and his eyes landed on the two of them. "So, I'm assuming by all of the yelling I just walked in on, you know the reason why this meeting was called. Harry, would you like to tell us something?"

Harry looked at Simon through his tear-glazed eyes. He had so many words that he wanted to tell that monster of a man, along with his minions, but all he could choke out was: "No."

"That's bullshit. Move the bloody scarf," Gary demanded. Simon gestured, saying basically the same thing. A warm tear cascaded down Harry's cheek as he grabbed the end of the scarf. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see his three friends watching him from their standing positions, sympathy and the look of being ready to attack painted all over their expressions. Harry moved the scarf, showing his bump. "We weren't fucking lying, Simon!"