Captured - Chapter Three

The next day had flown by faster than I would have liked, but who am I to say anything? I get to experience every minute that the planet lasts. I have for almost two thousand years, it has gotten tiring, however, as surprising as it would sound I haven't 'travelled' much. When I have been somewhere I don't stay long in fear of being found and I admit I can be slightly paranoid but I take extra precautions.

Klaus had offered I stay at his abode. However, I knew it would be suspicious to outsiders that the Klaus Mikaelson had acquainted and 'bedded' the new girl. I would like to stay on the down-low - for now at least.

I then motioned out of reality as I found myself picking up that necklace.

I opened my eyes into a white space seeing a wall full of safes, each safe contained a letter and a key. There was a door made of straw, I smiled, finding myself walking towards the door. As I opened the door, I stepped into the other world and saw a young woman running on a field with a boy who looked to be the same age.

"Niklaus, hurry! I bet you could not catch me!" The nineteen-year-old girl yelled over to the other. Grinning as Klaus ran towards the girl, my smile faltered. I had realised who the two youngsters were and I had no recollection of ever running in a field with Niklaus! Whenever I had come into this room I would expect to see my mother on the day I was injured and my mother had cared for my wounds which the mood of the memory would flip like a switch and-

I was brought back to my current reality as I was shaken by a frustrated Klaus, however, when he felt the necklace it had stung his hand. We both stared each other in the eyes, alarmed expressions.

"Did you do that?!" Klaus accused me, pointing his finger at my face. I stared at him pointedly, "You really think I would try and piss off my new ally? Oh wow look at me shocking people with an old shitty trinket" I yelled sarcastically throwing my arms about as if I were speaking to people around us.

"Okay, sarcasm called it wants its job back" Klaus rolled his eyes, "But on many serious notes, what just happened... I'm presuming hasn't happened before by the look on your face" He continued.

"No, it hasn't. And I intend on finding the reason" I said, confidently as I stepped over to the door. "I really should get someone to own this apartment, huh?" I mumbled as I sarcastically looked at Klaus- due to him just waltzing in.

"In my defence, I knocked on the door and you weren't breathing so..." He pointed out.

I... wasn't breathing? Maybe this is worse than what I thought, is someone trying to tell me something? Am I just destined to be cursed with bad luck for eternity? I was still in the questioning how my locket displayed something different, it could possibly be because Klaus and I have come in contact... again?

That one scene of the young Klaus Mikaelson and I running engraved itself into my memories, I have to see more, I have to know if I knew the man who stood, sharp, before me. The both of us stared at the locket, I have a feeling he may have seen snippets of what I saw by the way his expression shows shock, confusion but a sense of longing.

A/N SORRY FOR ANOTHER SHORT STORY BUT I'M WRITING A LOT OF THESE BEFORE I PUBLISH THEM.