Picnic Date {3}

~Kirishima's POV~

"Okay, what else should I bring?" I look around my room for any other potential items I might need for today. I don't think I'll need too much. I know I texted Midoriya last night about who is bringing what. I just need to stick to the list I have. Oh, I want to jump out of the window! I am so excited for today! Oh! I should get the sandwiches out of the fridge! 

I zip downstairs and throw myself into the kitchen as I fling open the fridge door. Okay, they are still there. Thank goodness. I take the sandwich-filled containers out of the fridge and into my insulated bag. Even though I'm in charge of the food, the next time we do this I am totally putting Midoriya on food duty! I have this small feeling his mother will want to participate and it'll be delicious. I grab the Ziplock bags of sliced apples and take a couple tangerines from the fruit bowl. I had to stop myself from bringing anything else because this is supposed to be a casual little picnic experience. I will save whatever dishes I am thinking about for next time! We should totally have a dinner date at my place.

The point of this afternoon is capturing that romcom traditional picnic date and that is what I solemnly swear to create! Nothing will keep me from making today into the perfect picnic date! I will laugh at anybody who tries! Heck, I'll fight them! I don't care if they are stronger than me! If it's for Midoriya then I will not back down! Today will not be a total failure! I look at the time on my phone. Drat, I should get going! I grab my shoes and a light jacket and get myself out of the house. I'm on my way, Midoriya!

~Deku's POV~

Okay, I believe this is the spot we are meeting at. I readjust myself and the two bags that I am carrying. I placed the bags beside me as I sat down on the bench. It shouldn't be too much longer until Kiri gets here. I did get a text from him not too long ago saying he was on his way. For all I know he's probably running here. I'm glad Mom could drive me over. Gosh, she made such a fuss over which blanket I should take and what silverware I would need. I kept having to tell her that plates and napkins were about the only thing we needed. She's so thoughtful.

I took this moment to stretch for a bit. My shoulder has been bothering me all week and the medication I've been recommended to take makes me unreasonably drowsy. Kacchan's been using it as an excuse to spook me, but that's irrelevant. I almost closed my eyes when a booming voice cut through the air, making me jump in my seat. 

"Midoriya!"

~Kirishima's POV~

Oh, goodness! Must've spooked the poor guy. He turns to face me and gives me a small wave. I enthusiastically wave back. I trotted over to him and give him a big hug.

"How has my favorite person been feeling? What has my favorite person been doing lately?" I ask, peppering his forehead with kisses. 

"Excited to be spending time with you and mainly doing homework." He said through laughs.

"Okay, good enough answer. Where are ya thinking you wanna set up?" He looks around for a second before pointing at a tree not too far away.

"How about over there?" I smile and ruffle his hair.

"Looks good, Midoriya! Race ya!" I took off towards the spot and to my surprise so did he. It was kinda awkward since we were also carrying stuff, so it turned into more of a light jog. We cooled down long enough to set up our blanket and plates all neat and tidy-like. 

"I hope you're ready for the best sandwiches of your life!" Even though I said that as I joke, I really hope these turned out good. I slowly unwrap my sandwich as Midoriya quickly unwraps his and takes a ginormous bite out of it. 

"Well?"

"Well, what? It's delicious, Kiri. You did a great job!" Hearing him say that made my heart soar. I wanted to kiss him right then and there. I shook away that thought and handed him his bag of fruit. I tore into my sandwich, and he was right; it is delicious. Way to go, Kirishima! I stuff a couple of apple slices in my mouth before taking a sip from my water bottle.

As we got closer to finishing up, I turned to Midoriya.

"Is your mom coming to pick you up or do you need me to walk you home?"

"Yeah, she'll be here. Oh! She could take you home too! She can drop you off first and then we'll head to our house."

"Hey, that might be a good idea. It's getting dark too, so I'd appreciate the ride." Midoriya smiles at my reply. We both clean up our dishes and trash and make it look like we were never there in the first place. By then, Midoriya got a call from his mom. She said she'd be here in five minutes.

"How has homework been for you, Kiri?"

"Eh, not all that exciting. I much rather enjoy when I'm at school and can be around you though." Midoriya jokingly punches my shoulder.

"Stop flirting, you big oaf." I let out a laugh as I grabbed him and ruffled his hair.

"Then stop being so cute then!" Our little roughhousing match lasted until just before Ms. Midoriya pulled up.

"Hey, Mom! Can we give Kiri a ride home too?" Midoriya asks as she walks over.

"Of course, dear. It's getting too dark to walk back. I'd be happy to." We all get into her car after putting our stuff in the trunk.

"Ah, the weather was just perfect for a picnic, huh boys?" Both of us nodded at her statement.

"It sure was! I don't think we could've picked a better day." We rolled up to my place a little over five minutes later. I got out of the car and so did Midoriya. I grabbed my stuff from the back and gave him a big hug. I watch him return to his seat before walking around to the driver's side.

"Thanks for the ride, Ms. Midoriya!"

"You're very welcome, sweetheart. Have a pleasant evening."

"You too! Love you, Midoriya!" I shouted as I trotted up to my front door.

~Deku's POV~

I watched him disappear behind his front door as we drove off. Gosh, that Kirishima.

"That boy sure is infatuated with you. Ah, to be young and in love again."

"Oh, Mom. Being young has nothing to do with it." She laughs as she places a hand on mine.

"I'm glad someone in this house has a mindset like that. I only wish that this is someone you make sure to hold on to."

"Don't worry, Mom. I have a feeling Kirishima and I are joined at the hip!" We both laugh.

"With the amount of time you spend together I would hope so." My mind wanders back to the hug we shared. Until we see each other again, Kiri.