.01.

Police District: 241018

Time In: 5 am

Time Out: 9 pm

Being a policeman during the summer sounds cool right? Well, not really. It's a lot of work having to wake up every morning at 4 am just to be in by 5. While I work all day until late, my friends are enjoying themselves. From learning all these codes to going back home to eat, relax for 2hrs to then sleep to do it all over again.

It's almost four in the morning and I'm on my bike to get some coffee and a sandwich. It's a good thing this Wawa is open 24hrs, I casually walk in and head for the back for some snacks to take. As I make my way to cashier the same girl as always attends me. "The usual officer?" with a bright smile, how can someone be this bright this early? "Yes please, with an extra sandwich please."

She starts to prepare my coffee and starts making my sandwiches. "You know its barely 4 am and you don't even look tired, how is that possible?" I ask her. She smiles, "it's not easy especially since I do school online after work, then I have 2hrs of free time then sleep a few hours only to wake up at 1 am to be here by 2, so yeah not sure why I don't look tired."

She then slowly goes back to finish my sandwiches and puts my coffee in a cup and covers it well. Adding the sandwiches in and a donut, " I didn't-" "it's on the house officer." Even before I go to pay with my card, she declined. "I said it's on the house" ending with a smile.

After everything she said, makes me wonder more as to why she's so bright this early. "Thank you" I bowed and soon left on my way to work, to the place that stresses me out since there are new codes to learn and practice. I'm busy learning about a lot of these codes. They seem pretty long to be police codes, then again the ᴄᴀᴘᴛɪᴀɴ of this building wants to his own things his way.

After stopping to eat one of my sandwiches and drink some of my coffee, I continue to pedal through the quiet road with only a few cars passing by. Have everything I need to continue on with my day. As I enter the building with my snacks, I ran into the ᴄᴀᴘᴛɪᴀɴ. "Morning Sir" he never really says hello or speaks to anyone, he just nods and continues to walk to his office and stays there up until before I leave.

In fact, no one's ever seen the ᴄᴀᴘᴛɪᴀɴ's face behind the mask and dark hat. He's very suspicious, but I won't get into that. Anyway, I walk towards my desk and see a sticky note...., but it's blank. No words on it what so ever, I simply ignore it and just put it with my note pad under my lamp that I just turned on.

As soon as I did that, the note glowed with a message. I took the note and the message disappeared again......, could this be a hidden message? I put it back under the lamp and read the message.

, could this be a hidden message? I put it back under the lamp and read the message

| ʟᴏᴏᴋ ғᴏʀ ғɪʟᴇ 071198 |

"ʟᴏᴏᴋ ғᴏʀ ғɪʟᴇ 071198" is what it says, but where to find such a folder? I'm not really in charge of the files, I'm just an officer that patrols on my bicycle for 7 hours. It's almost 5 am, time for me to check in then head out and patrol the neighborhood. Got my water and snacks, I'm ready for what the day will bring.

It's a pretty long day, so far nothing has happened, just a car that ran a red light. That's pretty much it, I was nearby the Wawa I always go to and saw the girl from earlier leaving on her bike. I rode close enough for her to hear me, "on your way home?."

She turns around and stops, "oh hello officer..., yes I'm going home now, is there a problem?" I shook my head, "no problem at all just be careful and have a safe ride home." She smiles brightly once more. After a long hard day and she still manages to smile.

"Ah, thank you goodbye!" she waves before pedaling off down the road. It's nearly lunchtime, so I decide to find a nearby park to eat. I'm usually always called to stay on patrol for 2 extra hours, so I did just that.

As I head back, my phone rings and I see it's a blocked number. I'll just ignore it and just continue on back to work. I reached work at 2:05 pm, and checked my phone and had 8 miss calls from a blocked number. Who could it be?

I enter the building and see another sticky note on my desk. It's another blank note, who could be putting these notes on my desk? In an instant, I put it under my lamp and it said...

 It's another blank note, who could be putting these notes on my desk? In an instant, I put it under my lamp and it said

| ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀʟʟ!! |

"ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀʟʟ!!" Hmmmm, first ʟᴏᴏᴋ ғᴏʀ ғɪʟᴇ 071198 and now ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀʟʟ!!... What does this mean? I ruffled my hair in frustration and sat down. "This is going to be a long night for me" but first I have codes to decode so here I go.

21243314 3215

21243314 442315

4442151143454215

_______________________________

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ sᴇᴛ ᴏғ ᴄᴏᴅᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇᴄᴏᴅᴇ.

ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴍʏsᴛᴇʀɪᴏᴜs ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇs ғᴏʀ ᴏғғɪᴄᴇʀ ᴡᴏᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢ?

ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ʜɪᴍ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴄᴀʟʟ?

ᴡʜᴀᴛ's sᴏ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ғɪʟᴇ 071198?

sᴛᴀʏ ᴛᴜɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ!