Chapter 2

The next morning, both families got ready, met up with each other and loaded all their things for their camping trip in the back of the cars. 

The Harpercops also met Jesse's half-brother Elvis. But he didn't seem at all interested in the Harpercop family and just replied with "Whatever"

From what Jesse told Kali and the rest of her family, Elvis was pretty morose, over talkative and was prone to telling lies. Easily getting on Jesse's nerves since he didn't hit it off too well meeting Elvis last night. 

Kali knew how Jesse felt have of the time, but to have not just one... but two annoying younger siblings who would never leave you alone. 

Both families then got into their separate vehicles and headed off. 

They soon made it down to the harbor where they'd be getting on a ferry for a tour of the cove. 

"I hope we get to see some pelicans" Brock mentioned, as the families began boarding the ferry. 

"Or sea lions!" Ann added. 

The ferry soon took off, while everyone began enjoying the beautiful scenery this cove had to offer. Jane, Walter, Glen and Annie were in awe, enjoying themselves while the kids were all together watching at the end of the stern. 

Jesse and Elvis were having a hard time talking to each other and getting along. Elvis soon noticed his half brother staring at him. 

"What are you staring at?" Elvis glowered slightly at Jesse. 

"What are you staring at?" Jesse glowered back 

"Bunch of water" Elvis gestured. 

"Yeah, shows what you know" Jesse scoffed. 

"This is really boring" Ann yawned, having her head resting on the railing. 

"Kali are you sure you said there would be something exciting about this boat ride" Brock asked his older sister. "Cause the only thing exciting I've seen so far is that fat man fight over his donut with a seagull and lost"

"Of course, guys" the adventure girl assured her younger siblings. "the ocean's full of surprises and all kinds of wonder. you just gotta be patient"

The twins moaned, slumping themselves down on the railing. 

"Is there an amusement park around here?" Elvis asked Jesse out of boredom. 

"No" Jesse said. "There's a whale-spotting station"

"That's right" Kali replied. "In this specific case... orcas or killer whales"

"You mean, like, where they paint spots on whales?" Elvis asked, a bit confused. 

"Yeah sure" Jesse said while the twins and Kali hid giggles from that. 

Just then, some killer whales had been spotted and the crowds came running to the stern, pointing and shouting in awe. Elvis and the twins were in total amazement at the sight of the black and white beauty's of the sea. 

Kali and Jesse both smiled at the sight, soon thinking of a special friend of theirs.

After that, the two families soon made it to the campground and begin setting up when a truck pulled up and a familiar man came out. 

"Jesse! Kali!" Randolph called to the two teens. 

"Randolph!" Jesse and Kali smiled as they ran up to greet their old native american friend. 

"Look at you" Randolph smiled, pulling both teens in for a hug. "You both must've grown at least six inches"

"Four and a half" Kali replied.