The Prophecy

"This can't be the place," Emi looked quite disappointed seeing the bar. Its red neon lights "Bucking Cowboy" seemed out of place in the New York neighborhood.

"What do you expect, a bloody giant castle?" John sneered.

Emi narrowed her eyes at him, "No you fucking cunt..."

Zahra stood between the two hunters easing the tension, saying "Remember the plan. We come as the guests of these vampires. We can't fight in their territory." She looked at all the hunters in the eyes. Pretty much everyone agreed except Anton, who hated the idea of not killing these vampires, at least not yet.

Emi was the first to walk in, quickly followed by the others. The bar was pretty empty except for a couple of guys in the corner drinking their beer.

The bartender looked up from cleaning a glass. "What can I do for you, a beer or a vodka?"

The five hunters looked back at each other. The bartender was a vampire.

"Forla, we're here to see him."

Instantly the bartender's eyes sharpened. "What's your business?" he snarled.

James stood forward and said, "A truce." He showed the stakes inside of his jacket.

The bartender's eyes widened, saying "Interesting... very well, the door near the back." He pointed to a door across the bar and continued cleaning the glasses.

Zahra led the way. The door opened into a long hallway.

"We might not make it out alive," John frowned.

"No shit," Emi chuckled.

Zahra opened another door that led them into a giant room lit by candles. In the middle is a throne. James was the last to walk into the room. The door slammed by itself.

"Shit," Zahra gasped.

"I was expecting you. Welcome, hunters," a voice boomed in the room. An older man appeared in the room. He was wearing ancient robes, his eyes completely white. His name is Forla the Blind, also known as the Prophet.

"We came here to-" Emi started to speak.

"Yes, yes, to see what Oscar Snow is up to?" Forla cut her sentence off, walking closer. "Yes I know, you are a prophecy to stop Oscar from exposing our kind to the humans—his plan for the uprising."

Shocked wasn't the word the hunters felt.

"And why are you telling us this? Wouldn't you like the uprising?" Anton's face started to turn hot red.

"Don't be a fool! Our kind stayed in the shadows for centuries. It is better that way. I'd rather betray my kind than see what Oscar has planned." Forla kept a calmness to him, but he did seem irritated.

"But how can we? We could kill him," John sounded as though he liked the killing part.

"If you did, he has too many followers, one would simply take his place!" Forla frowned. It was true of what he said.

"Tell us how?" Emi asked.

"I'll tell you.... You will have to go to Romania, under the castle that Lord Henry's maiden was burned at the stake. Find the sleeping warrior, the last of her kind, a Stregon Benefic. She will guide you. This is a race against time," Forla said, walking back to sit on the throne.

"I thought the Stregon Benefic were extinct decades ago, didn't the Strigoii kill them off?" Emi asked.

"Almost," Forla sighed.

The Stregon Benefic were the top rulers of the vampires. They shared some weaknesses with the other vampires but were far superior.

"How are we supposed to know whether you're sending us off to wake up something that will destroy the world?" Anton growled.

Zahra agreed with him.

Forla burrowed his eyebrows. "If you don't find the sleeping warrior, you will set the Humankind fate."