The Awakening

"I can't believe we are doing this," Emi said, looking bewildered.

Anton's heart raced by each step he took closer to the coffin. Zahra's eyes were wide. John just looked pissed off.

Once the hunters reached the coffin, John smiled and said, reaching into his coat, "Aren't we going to stake this bitch?"

Zahra glared at him. "No not yet... maybe in the future."

John grumbled and put the stake back in his coat.

"1, 2, 3!" James and John pushed the coffin lid open, which is was resisting.

Anton's jaw dropeed. In the coffin was a young woman, probably in her 20's, sleeping so graciously. She had beautiful dark hair to her thighs, fair skin and lusty lips. Her dress wrapped her curvy figure. Her clothes were 1940's style. She was perfectly preserved.

Zahra asked, "How are we going to wake her up?"

Emi frowned and said, "Blood... someone has to give."

Zahra stepped back saying, "Not me!"

Three other hunters quickly said, "Not me!"

Anton looked confused and realized what had happened. "Hey, that's not fair--fuck you," he frowned.

"Give me your hand," Emi gestured to him.

Anton refused. Emi grabbed his hand, then took a knife from her belt. Anton closed his eyes as she quickly cut his palm. He cursed in Romanian.

Zahra instructed Anton, "Now you know what to do."

Anton turned around looking at the resting vampire in the coffin. He put his hand over her beautiful mouth and closed his hand, as blood dripped slowly. The hunters watched and waited for her to wake up.

Anton watched for any reaction, but non so far. The hunters were so focused on her face, that a pale hand sneaked up to Anton's hand. The pale hand snatched his, pulling it against the vampire's mouth. A pair of fangs dug into his palm. Anton screamed.

It all happened so quickly. The hunters quickly went into action. Emi pulled Anton away, Zahra and John grabbed out their stakes, and James pinned the vampire down. Her violet eyes burst open. She quickly pushed James off of her, jumping out of the coffin. The five hunters surrounded her. Her eyes were wide and big.

"Who are you!" the vampire said. She spoke English almost perfectly. She wiped her lips with her hand, looking up at the blood, and then looked at Anton, who held his bleeding hand. "I am so sorry," she said.

The hunters began to move closer to her. John pulled his stake out, and Zahra mouthed at him to put that away. The vampire didn't hiss her fangs or try to move close to the hunters, yet she was observing them.

"What year is it?" the vampire asked, looking between the coffin and the hunters.

"2023," Zahra answered.

A shocked look came to the vampires face. "That damn bastard kept me in that coffin for that long?! Where is Victor?!" She wrinkled her nose, burrowing her eyebrows.

"Who is Victor?" asked James curiously.

"Victor is my creator. He put me in this coffin," she grumbled and, narrowing her eyes, asked, "but who are you people?"

Zahra took a deep breath. "We awakened you because humankind is in danger. The vampires want to reveal themselves to the world and enslave the human race."

The vampire asked, "But what does that got to do with me?"

John crossed his arms and said, "I'm asking the same thing."

The vampire sat down on the ground, burrowing her eyebrows. Then her eyes lit up. She said, "This can't be... it was mentioned in a prophecy, but I am not that vampire!" She looked up at the hunters.

Anton looked at her curiously and said, "You're the last of your kind."

The vampire jumped on her feed. "What?! That can't be." Tears started to fall down her face.

Emi pleaded, "You have to help us."

The vampire looked at her and said, "Humans don't deserve that fate." She wiped up her tears. "I'll help. I am Lila, by the way." She held out her hand.