Chapter 7

"So he kicked you out?" Ross asked.

I looked up and saw everyone's eyes on me. "Yeah I guess so. Sam tried to get me to come home but like Caleb I'm pretty stubborn."

"You stubborn?" Riker asked, fake surprise on his face, "No way."

I rolled my eyes and smiled a little before looking down again.

"You're welcome to stay here for as long as you need." Mrs, Lynch told me.

"No, I don't want to intrude."

"You practically live here already. It's no problem."

"Are you sure? Because I can-"

"Lila," Riker cut me off.

"You're staying with us. It's not a big deal and like our mom said. You practically already live here." Rydel finished, putting her arm around me.

I looked around the room and took in every family members face. They were my family. No matter how much I truly love my brothers, the people sitting here in front of me, offering their home to me, they were my family. "You guys are the best. Truly."

"It's nothing we wouldn't do for anybody." Ross said, brushing me off.

"Oh no, of course not. You just open your home to any trash rat with a questionable background." I joked, daring him to fight back.

"Well isn't that what you are?"

I gasped dramatically before throwing a pillow in his direction.

"As much as I'd love to to Lila here kick Ross's ass," Rydel winked at me. "we've got a shopping date."

"We do?"

"Obviously. If you're going to be living with us for a while you're going to need a new wardrobe. Considering most of the clothes you currently own are over at your brothers'."

"Don't go crazy Rydel but I do agree." Her mom answered with a smile.

"We'll come too!" Ryland said.

"Sorry boys but it's a girls date."

"They seriously have too many of those." I heard Rocky whisper as Rydel dragged me out the front door.

****************

"Damn girl. That's rough. I still can't believe he kicked you out though." Rydel and I were currently taking a break from shopping and instead decided to take a break at the food court.

"Eh. I can believe it but I'm just surprised he went through with it. Caleb's always been top dog; number one. He's the oldest which means he's in charge. Of Everything.

"Shitty how that works huh?"

"I'm just glad I found another girl in a family of guys."

"You're telling me! Going on tour with a bunch of boyish babies is hell. We have a great time of course but men are disgusting!"

"Tell me about it."

"They leave the toilet seat up all the time, have horrible aim, leave their gross dirty clothes sprawled every where." Rydel dramatically sighed.

"I live in a house with that but I could never imagine a cramped tour bus full of it." I laughed.

"Maybe you could?"

"What...What do you mean?" I looked at Rydel quizzically, waiting for her answer.

"Well, the band's going on tour in a few months and maybe you could come with us? Whether you're still living with us or you're back with your brothers and need a break, you could come on tour with us."

"Oh my god! Yes!" I jumped up and hugged her. "I would love to!"

"Shhhh! Keep your voice down." She pushed her sunglasses up on her face but laughed and hugged me back regardless.

****************

I had just gotten out of the shower and was going to grab a cup of water before heading to bed when I heard hushed voices coming from the kitchen.

"I'm sure she appreciated it Rydel but what would her brothers think?" Definitely Stormie's voice.

"But mom, they've already kicked her out and-"

"And she'll probably be back with them in a few weeks time." Mark's voice was hushed but stern.

"And if she's not?"

"Then we'll deal with it once the time comes."

"Come on mom." I heard Riker's voice quietly say.

"We love having Lilac here and it's not an issue but it's just until she can get back on her feet. I'm not going to take her away without her brothers consent."

"What if she's still living with us though? You wouldn't need their consent then."

"Now Rydel,-"

My eyes had started to sting listening to their words so before their conversation could go any further I stepped out from where I was ease-dropping; all eyes turning on me in a split second.

"I don't mean to be in the way or take up any space. If you need me to I can find somewhere else to stay." I saw everybody's eyes soften a little but I kept talking. "Rydel offered for me to come with you guys but it's no big deal. Like you said Mr. Lynch, I'll probably be back with my brothers anyway. You already have to deal with four kids and I doubt you want to deal with a fifth. I guess I kind of pushed my way in without thinking of how it would affect all of you." My voice had gone quiet by the end and I refused to look any of the Lynch's in the eye but I stood my ground, waiting to hear if they would kick me out tonight or wait until tomorrow.

"I took it you heard that then?" Rocky said, not looking at me.

Riker went to stand up but his mom stopped him, walking up to me and grabbing my shoulders.

"Lilac when we said you would probably be living with your brothers again in a few weeks, that didn't mean we didn't want you. I love having you here. We all do." Stormie motioned to everyone before turning her attention back on me. "Listen to me." She waited until I was looking at her to continue. "You are in now way taking up any unwanted space or taking up any of our time or even getting in our way. You are more than welcome to stay here for as long as you like and if the time does come and you want to come on tour with the band, we would be more than happy to have you."

By now there were tears gathering in my eyes but i refused to let them fall. I looked over at Mark and he nodded. "Are you sure? I really don't want to-"

"Shut up and say you'll go on tour with us dummy!" Ross yelled at me, jumping up and down slightly in his seat.

"Well it looks like you've gained another family member." I laughed.

"You were a part of this family long before now sweetie."

Stormie took her hand off my shoulders only to wrap them around me instead. Soon the entire Lynch family had gathered into one big group hug and I couldn't help but feel that this was the best I'd felt in a while.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Jeez guys I know it's been FOREVER and for that I'm truly sorry. Like all of my works, I ran out of ideas or got hooked onto another writing project or simply just lost interest. I've been dealing with a bunch of stuff personally , which isn't an excuse and I'm not trying to make it one, but that is part of while I've been so inactive for so long. I just want to thank all of you who are still reading this and who have stuck with it and still enjoy and comment on my chapters. You Guys Are The Best! I can't tell you when the next update will be but I can tell you that I have some ideas for the next few chapters so they shouldn't be Too far spread.

Anyways, I kind of took a different approach with this chapter so let me know what you think!