And Sevens

Megumi hurried first to Kondou's room, hoping to meet Souji there as well, but it turned out that Souji found her first as she passed in front of his room while in a hurry.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her to his room quickly sliding the door close.

"S-Souji?" Megumi's heart began racing at the sudden actions of his.

"Sorry, did I startle you?" He asked with a look of worry.

"No, it's okay." She replied with a smile forming across her lips. She held his hand and firmly grasped it.

He smiled a little and squeezed her hand. His other hand moved to her back and he pulled her closer to him, reducing the distance between their faces. Their noses were nearly touching.

"I felt really lonely without you..." She whispered.

"Oh, really?" He teased with his usual smile that melted Megumi's heart.

"I love you, Souji." She told him with a tad of sadness.

"You don't look happy." He stated while keeping his wry smile, except mixed with feelings of melancholy.

"It's just that I feel really calm when I'm with you so I'm a little sleepy..." She spoke in a low voice. She closed her eyes and embraced Souji, burying her face into his chest and feeling his warm skin and his heart beating in a regular pace.

"You could sleep here, you know?" He suggested like he had some other intentions. He lifted her face for her to look at him in the eyes and gave her a peck on her lips.

"Souji..." She whispered as their lips parted. She felt a little scared of what could possibly happen in his room, in the evening when nearly nobody else was around at this time.

"There's only us here right now." He told her. They were alone in this part of the headquarters; It was a pretty rare occurence so how should they use the opportunity?

Without thinking any further, Megumi quickly stood on her toes and kissed him lightly.

"If you don't mind I'll use your futon then." She innocently said with a carefree smile. She quickly kneeled on the soft surface and lied down.

Souji sighed, with a smile saying 'It can't be helped'. It was obvious that Megumi was not exactly well aware of what people called hinting. He lied down next to her and brought her close to him.

"Hey Souji," She said as she snuggled her head against his chest and lightly grabbed the hem of his clothes, "I was supposed to go see Kondou-san to ask him about the girl I saw earlier but since I know you're aware of it, could you tell me who is it?"

Souji took a moment to reply and what he said was not satisfying, "She's a girl who was there at the wrong place at the wrong moment."

"And were you there at the 'wrong place' too?" Megumi curiously asked.

"It wasn't the wrong place for me." Souji made something between a normal smile and a crooked one.

"Was it like with me...?"

"No." He simply answered.

"....."

She closed her eyes and slowly breathed out. She did not take long to doze off and looking at her sleeping ended up making Souji sleepy as well.

               -----------------------------------------------A few hours later...-----------------------------------------------

Kondou Isami was a little anxious of not seeing either Souji or Megumi at dinner. He was well aware of them having feelings for each other and feared that they might have been doing things together while everyone was eating.