Cerise

The glass slammed on the counter with a resounding thunk. 

The man was glaring at the screen depicting the journalist covering the latest announcement from the queen and Emperor.

Banning magic wielders in a country and society were magic is as easy as breathing is like banning the consumption of air and water. 

F#cking stupid and laughable.

He looked around the bar and spotted at least thirty  magic users all cover their telltale features of using magic.

Serves them right for toting the cursed features of humans using magic like it was some kind of prize.

An arm with scales or a hand with claws, some even had spikes for hair.

All telltale signs of first or even second generation magic users.

Magic is a talent that one can learn, but doesn't integrate into your blood and disfigures your features once you start practicing regularly.

If you have magic embedded in your blood, but your parents didn't practice you weren't disfigured.

Just like magic can enter your blood it can leave it as well.

He is from a long line somewhere in the 20's maybe 30th generation of magic users. The magic has settled into his blood and was strong.

He didn't outwardly show it, but there were telltales if you notice.

His eerily glowing silver and blue eyes, and when he wasn't focusing on keeping it in everything around him froze or got covered in frost.

Speaking of which it was about time for him to leave the glass he had been holding this whole time was frosted over with ice.

With that notice he stood up from his stool paid for his tab and walked swaying and drunkenly out of the bar. 

The magic prevented him from getting shit faced, but he had had a lot of scotch and whiskey and needed to act the part with the stupid ban of magic.

Ah what a stupid law it was.

The person that did the kills obviously wasn't a newer generation of magic practicer the magic was sunk in their blood like it was his.

They wouldn't find them unless they either new what they were looking for or the killer messed up and left evidence.

Oh what a stupid and laughable the shit law was.

Oh he could go for another drink

at a different bar and laugh about it there.

She looked at the door as the door to the bar slammed open and in walked frosty the snowman

Well not really frosty the snowman, but he might as well be with how he was acting.

"mmm is that Icey I smell."

The flat look she received in return was all the confirmation she needed to know that he wasn't here for information.

Oh well

Make a drink and do her actual job.

"Let me guess Coke n Jack hard." She asked 

The nod he gave in reply along with some jewels on the counter had her making the drink with inhuman speed.

It didn't matter in this bar, she had a license and this was a consortium bar.

Consortiums were still legal even if magic was outlawed.

"Hey Cherry why don't you make it two, and get me some intel from the capital."

"That's gonna cost ya more than just a few jewel."

" I'll meet you out back after closing to settle the payment, besides no one will question you for being there."

That was true especially considering who her dad is.

"I'll see you there."