Chapter 7: Love?

Dear Outsiders,

Now this is a letter I probably wouldn't send, but somehow you have become someone, in some way, that I can confide to when I find no one else by my side. Somehow I have already envisioned your replies and think of you as one of my closest friends or maybe the older sister I never had. I don't know why but I'm picturing you a girl; makes it easier I guess. I'm also addressing you as a whole and who is to say that the majority isn't women?

Anyway, whomever I'm talking to, do you believe in love? I always have, maybe even more than I should. I love my family and Sarah and all that but I never truly felt like I was in love. Do you know what I mean? I don't eat or sleep as much and my heart is beating faster just from thinking of him. Is that what love is?

I've heard of love being like a disease and I guess in some ways I can see the similarities. It makes you restless, like you can't wait to see that person again. It also makes you a little self-cautious. Nowadays I always check my appearance twice before going down.

Still, can a disease make you happier? No matter how I feel, eat, or sleep I've never felt as cheerful as I do now. And, don't ask me how, but my cheeks seem fuller even though I don't eat. I even think I look prettier since the time he told me I was beautiful.

I'm also quiet sure that the sun is brighter, the sky is bluer and that all my senses are working more efficiently. I can't believe I'm saying this but even the flowers smell...flowier? I don't even think that's a word, but you get what I mean. Everything is just suddenly full of hope.

Maybe these are all side effects of the love syndrome and whether it wouldn't last long like a common cold, I don't get why they're called that they are hardly common here, or if longer like a sickness that is still unknown here I realized something; if love truly is a disease, from what I experienced until now, it is definitely one worth catching.

Lots of love,

Roxy