17

Bella

As if I hadn't woken up in the night enough the past week, I woke up in the middle of the night. In pain, yet again.

My period had started and I literally wanted to disappear from existence forever.

I went to the bathroom and sorted myself out, taking my medicine and looking back to my bed. Luckily,  there wasn't much mess but I couldn't really sleep in there again.

And my cramps were killing me.

Luke had worked late so I couldn't wake him, Calum and Michael might get annoyed. My last option was Ashton but the pain I was in took over how annoyed I was at him.

I pushed open the door, letting light in which woke him up instantly. He rubbed him eyes and beckoned me over which I didn't hesitate to do.

"What's wrong hun?" he croaked.

"My cramps hurt so bad and my bed is a mess so I can't sleep there, I'm sorry, please can I sleep here," I sobbed quietly.

He pulled the duvet back so I could climb in.

"I'm sorry, I feel so bad I'm so stupid,I dragged it out so long," I continued as I got in.

"Shhhh, you don't need to apologise anymore. Shall I try and help your cramps?" he whispered. I pulled the cover over me and nodded, wiping the tears from my face and biting my trembling lip.

He gently moved me so my back was against him and started rubbing my stomach. I grabbed his wrist and whined, trying to move away. This one made him wrap his other arm round me and hold both my hands.

"Just relax hun, you really need to sleep because it's having a toll on your body. I don't want you becoming sick," he said.

Tears kept flowing from my eyes as he gently rubbed my stomach but eventually the warmth and tiredness overtook the pain.

Luke

Ashton and I dropped Bella off at school and drove to work.

"So I assume things are ok between you two now?" I asked, locking the car and heading towards the hospital.

"Yeah, her cramps were really bad last night and she came in apologising... I'm worried about how little sleep she keeps getting though," he said.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried either. She couldn't seem to  slow down and relax and it was taking a toll on her body. Even if she didn't wake one of us up, you could see the bags under her eyes and the stress on her body.

She spoke less and didn't concentrate on the things she needed to. Physically, she would end up becoming ill easily and in the long run she could have so many problems.

"Well next week we are taking her cast off so if nothing has improved by then, we will run some tests and see what we need to do. She's either ignoring it or used to feeling like she is,constantly," I decided.

We worked together all day, mainly running through files. I updated a few, including Bella's, until I had to pick her up. Since she was seeing Michael, I was bringing her back to the hospital anyway so I could continue my work.

When I pulled up outside, she was with a boy. They stood very close together and she looked up to him, smiling. I grinned as she noticed I was here an said bye to him.

"Did you have a good day? Has someone got a boyfriend?" I joked.

She blushed and looked down.

"Wait, that was a joke," I said.

"Yeah, he isn't my boyfriend,we just both like each other... a lot,".