Chapter 2

"This day has had its up and downs but now we will sit vigil for the loss of Sandfall and her two kits. but the good news is that one of her kits survived, and that kit is named Drizzlekit, so now we will all sit in silence as Sandfall and the two kits head for starclan."Aspenstar said as she jumped down from the high bolder and walked to Sandfall and the two kits bodies that lied still,

As my head fell with tears rolling down my face I thought "I wish Sandfall and the two kits didn't die, I mean Sandfall was like a mother to me".

***

I walked towards the warrior's den with Brambleshine behind me,, as I walked in I stepped toward my nest and lied down with my eyelids falling down and the world turned to black as I fell into the dreamland.

I opened my eyes to find myself in a forest with fog so thick, I could not see my own paws. I looked forward to see a cat sitting in this fog

"Hey where am I and who are you?" I shouted out to the mysterious cat that cat turned around and looked at me with a growl in his throat. He walked towards me I started to back away, but then I thought "wait I know how to fight I can take this cat on."

I stopped and I forced out a hiss and I bristled my tail telling him to back off, but he moved closer to me, so I got into a fighting position. "Back off I know how to fight, "I said with a low growl, but he walked closer. I unsheathed my claws and waited until the right moment to attack this strange cat, as he came closer to the point where the cat was touching my nose, I raised my front paw and slashed his face the tom stumbled back and looked up as he licked his blood.

He leaps forward as he leaped up on to my back and bit my scuff, I fought him off and then again hit him with my unsheathed paws. I grabbed the toms scuff and bit hard.W. When I felt my teeth sink into his skin and I tasted blood, I threw him across the clearing.

The cat lied there, as he disappeared. Another cat came out it was a slick small grey she-cat, she walked up to me "that was some great skills Owlbreeze" she said with a giant grin. "how do you know my name and where am I and who are you?" I asked the she-cat with confusion. "I will tell you that later but for now you wake up and you will see that your skills will come in great use Owlbreeze" the she-cat touched my forehead and I woke up in my nest to see it was merely dawn.

I stood up and walked out of the warrior's den trying not to wake the slumbering cats that still lie in their dreamland.

As I walked into the clearing of the camp I saw Thorndrop sitting by the nursery looking up at the sky, I started to walk over to her "are you having kits" I asked her "oh, no I'm not. hey, aren't you Owlbreeze?" she asked "yeah I became a warrior yesterday, so what are you doing up so early?" I meowed. "I could not sleep knowing that Sandfall died, I mean she was my mentor. That's why I'm up early" Thorndrop purred as tears filled her eyes. "hey hey, don't cry" Owlbreeze said as he wiped Thorndrops tears from her eyes.

***

"Hey, Snowyleaf I would like you to send out a hunting patrol please," Aspenstar said in a calm voice. Snowyleaf nodded in agreement, she walked to the clearing and saw that some of the warriors were awake. "I am sending out a hunting patrol and these are the cats who are going on the patrol; Owlbreeze, Thorndrop, Brambleshine. I will go up the hill by the border and hunt there." Snowyleaf announced.