Chapter 5

A/N: [[[RECAP: Tris, Chris, and Al are going to sit with the Dauntless at lunch.]]] So ugh. I know I hate when people do boring author's notes, and this is pretty boring.. so I DON'T CARE. DON'T READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. IT'S YOUR CHOICE :) and I did that in all caps bold because I want everyone to see it (even the ones who didn't read the A/N) but so ya. Read it or don't, I really do not care. So here's chapter 5

Tris' POV

The Dauntless are so crazy! They are throwing food, hitting, and some are biting each other! It's like the- we. It's like we are animals.

We get some food and walk over to a table. I got a hamburger and a piece of chocolate cake.

I sit down in front of an ex-Erudite boy, and in between Christina and a Dauntless boy. Al is in front of Chris, next to the EE (ex-Erudite) boy.

I notice the EE boy and Chris starting at each other. For the first time since I've met Christina (wow, for about four and a half hours) she looks like she doesn't know what to do! She's always so cocky, it's weird seeing her flustered.

"I'm Will," the EE boy says, finally breaking the staring contest between them.

"I'm Christina, but you can call me Chris. That is Tris, and Al," she says while Will nods at us and smiles.

They immediately get into a conversation about maps and swallowing textbooks or something like that.

Meanwhile, my gaze falters over to the boy next to me.

"What's your name?" He asks first, surprising me. I didn't think he knew I was there.

"Umm.. Tris," I say hoping it didn't come out to shaky. He turns and looks at me with the most beautiful, stormy blue eyes I've ever seen.

"Four," he says gesturing to himself.

"Four? That's your name? Not to be rude but.. but that's really weird."

"Yup. And ya I know. But Tris is too," he points out as I nod.

I realize we are both staring at each other. I start to turn around to Chris, Al, and Will, when I feel a hand on my arm. I realize it's Four's. He looks as if he is nervous and doesn't know what to say. His eyes shift down to my English 3 notebook and he asks what hour I have that.

"Next hour," I reply, glad he didn't end the conversation.

"Me too," me said smiling at me, with that gorgeo- wait, do I like him? But I don't know him! But I obviously like him or I wouldn't have gotten butterflies in my stomach when he touched me.

I start to turn again.

"Umm.. I really suck at English.. I was wondering," he scratches the back of his neck while looking down, "If you don't mind, could you maybe help me with the homework after school?" I get lost in his eyes after he says that. I wonder how he knows we'll have homework but then I remember Ms. Snyder telling us we'd have homework every day.

"Umm.. ya I guess.. my parents won't be home so maybe you could come over to my house?" I ask nervously.

His eyes light up, "Ya! Oh um, the bells about to ring.. Oh! Give me your phone!" I hand him the phone. A little bit later he gives it back and then the bell rings. He is rushed away by pierced, tattooed, fake haired, Dauntless before he could say another word. I am dragged away by Chris.

"OMG who was that guy? He was kinda cute! Do you know him? I think he liked you! Did you get his number? Would you date him?"

"His name is Four and I'm not answering all those," I say plainly before walking to one of the only classes I don't have with Chris. But wait. I have this class with Four!