11 | Let's Facetime Jisung

renjun shook his head to clear his thoughts. "sorry, i'm just...this is new." in that tight space, chenle managed to hug renjun tightly. "ge..." he whispered. renjun began to tear up, never having heard those words actually escape the boy's lips in a long time.

jaemin sat watching the two brothers hug something out. he smiled warmly as renjun caught his glance.

"it was horrible at home, you know." chenle began saying in chinese. "when they found out, they turned the whole place upside-fucking-down. it was so scary. mum shouted at me. like, actually shouted. i don't even know why." renjun felt more tears rising. he knew his mother never or rarely shouted or yelled at chenle. "i'm so...sorry." chenle only sighed, "well i'm here now and i've escaped. that's all." renjun rolled down his window a little bit to get the raw seoul air flowing through the car. "it feels so fresh." he commented. chenle smiled at the winds fluffed up his hair from the high speed mark was going on the expressway. "i'm sorry you had to go through hell." renjun said. "apology accepted. i wonder what would happen when they find out their other son is missing..." chenle muttered.

"hey guys, we're almost there." donghyuck called out in english. "sorry to- what was it? how do you pronounce your name?" mark asked to chenle. he helped mark as much as possible to properly pronounce his name, tone and all. "-chenle. right. well, sorry to chenle. we haven't properly introduced ourselves to you yet." chenle gave a little laugh. "it's okay. i'm sure my ge- i mean, renjun- can help." mark hummed in agreement. "i'll text jeno to wake up." jaemin said, busying himself with his phone.

soon, the silent group was back at donghyuck's. jeno opened the door for them, greeting with a usual excitement and volume only to be replied in silence. "hey, what? why so gloomy?" he asked, unintentionally pouting. "just...tired." donghyuck waved off. no one really had a clue why it was so quiet. "do they not like me? did i do something?" chenle quietly asked in chinese to renjun. "you didn't do anything, lele. relax." he replied. chenle nodded and looked around donghyuck's place.

not even close to what he was used to. he was used to high ceilings with bright lights and chandeliers every 3 meters. he was used to big spaces to run around in, used to freshly cleaned and positioned furniture, spotless floors, fancy things.

donghyuck's wasn't much of that. no high ceilings, chandeliers or big running spaces. no piece of furniture was in its pristine, original condition after being worn out for so many years. the floor was messy, weird stains donghyuck wouldn't like to explain dotting the ground. chenle smiled, he loved it. "are you feeling it too?" renjun asked as the others began conversing between themselves. "independence is pouring out of every crack in his house; i love it." renjun returned his younger brother's wide smile. "i know."

"we'll start the introductions now?" jeno asked everyone as they sat around donghyuck's living room. donghyuck snorted, "so damn formal." jeno gave him a look as donghyuck turned to chenle with kind eyes. "hey, i'm lee donghyuck. happy to house you, your brother and my crackhead, gay best friend." he gestured at jaemin who only rolled his eyes. "don't mind him, he's a nuisance 99% of the time. i'm na jaemin, your brother's internet friend." he gave a small laugh at the end. chenle looked at them both with a kind smile as he shifted in his seat squeezed up to renjun. the older didn't mind at all, instead enjoying the sudden(good) change in his brother. his brother who he'd only see for less than 4 hours a day was now almost cuddled up to him.

and calling him 'ge'! how exciting.

"i'm mark and donghyuck's my boyfriend." mark seemed to smile fondly at the mention of donghyuck being his boyfriend. chenle 'aw'ed at the scene of donghyuck blushing. mark only smiled more. "hi i'm jeno and i'll be forever single." jeno waved and chenle laughed. "ahh, you have jaemin though." donghyuck said, poking jeno's shoulder. "that dumb rat?" jeno exclaimed, pointing at jaemin. "yah! who're you calling a dumb rat? you're literally the dumbest bitch here," jaemin leaned forward in his chair, pointing an accusing finger at jeno as donghyuck let out a shriek of laughter. "if hyuck's out of the picture, that is." "hey!"

chenle had a hand over his mouth. "you can laugh, you know?" renjun said in chinese, patting chenle's shoulder. "i know, i know." a small giggle left him.

"chenle! have you eaten?" mark suddenly asked, getting up from the sofa. chenle paused, trying to remember if he had eaten anything at all and hesitantly shook his head. "what? oh damn, we gotta go get you some food." donghyuck said, checking the time on his phone. "it's only 9:30 though. are shops even open?" mark asked. jaemin silently shook his head. mark relayed his answer verbally, "no. i think shops usually open at like 10:30 to 11." chenle sighed. "later we have to discuss something." renjun whispered lowly in chinese. chenle replied, "huh? what about? and why are you speaking in chinese?" renjun shook his head. "we just have to. it's about our current situation. you know we aren't completely safe just like this." chenle nodded. "what if i dye my hair?"

renjun let out the loudest noise of confusion. "dye your hair?" he exclaimed in english again. "who's dying?" jeno shouted from the kitchen where he had migrated to with mark. "no! hair! dying hair!" donghyuck shouted back. jeno's loud laughter could be heard. "okay okay!"

"hey lover boy, get off the phone." donghyuck said, directing his voice to jaemin who was busy typing away. "h-huh?" donghyuck folded his arms and shook his head. "i'm leaving you in the care of renjun. i trust you with him more than i trust you with you." donghyuck said, leaving to the kitchen to see what the two boys were doing. in less than a minute, a loud squeal was heard. jaemin and renjun shared a look before laughing. "who are you texting, anyway?" renjun casually asked. "it's just jisung; thought we could get him out for lunch too." renjun nodded and hummed. "seems like you're really close to him?" jaemin smiled, remembering how he and jisung met. it wasn't very long ago, yet he felt quite close to jisung already. as if he was another jeno, or mark or donghyuck. "yeah... i guess i am." looking back at his phone, jisung had replied saying he couldn't make it for lunch since it was his birthday and his parents were taking him out for lunch.

~•~

jisung💘✊🏻

can't :( parents booked a lunch for us together to celebrate my birthday today

aw so sweet 🤧🤧
WIAF WHt
YOUR BIRTHDAY?

yeahH
did i forget to tell you or smth?

I DIDNT ASK IM SORRY

DONT BE SORRY DICKHEAD
but yes my birthday is today!!
i am: 16

AWW
I CANT I GOTTA DO IT

DO WHAT??

~•~

facetiming jisung💘✊🏻...

JM: JISUNG!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
JS: *covering mouth* ah...seriously *laughs*
JM: yeah, i'm serious- wait let me call the others
JM(in the distance): YAH ASSHOLES COME HERE ITS JISUNG'S BIRTHDAY
RJ: oh hello *waves*
JS: a-ah, hyung! hello
RJ: heard its your birthday, happy birthday!
JS: ahh, thank you so much
CL(behind renjun): happy birthday whoever you are!
JS: thank you, whoever you are
JM: RENJUN MY PHONE
JM: hi i'm back
DH: YAH HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMALL BEAN
JN: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOPE YOU DIE QUICKLY
JS: HEY!
MK: happy birthday, jisung
JM: mark's the only normal one here *laughs*
RJ: hey! i was pretty normal too
RJ: ask him
JM: sure, you're everything but normal
JS: *laughs* it was nice talking to you, hyungs! but i really gotta go. talk soon! *waves and smiles*

ALL: *waves bye*
(simultaneously)
JN: BYE SMALL BEAN
DH: *to jeno* DO YOU EVER NOT SHOUT
DH: ANYWAY BYE JISUNG HAPPY BIRTHDAY
MK: bye jisung! and happy birthday!
RJ: happy birthday!
JM: BYE BABY CHICK! HAPPY BORN DAY

~•~

jaemin ended the call and chenle asked who it was. jeno explained it was someone jaemin had recently met at the playground. "how they met is up to the dumb rat to tell you." chenle nodded, acknowledging he understood. donghyuck suddenly got up and stood in front of chenle, "so what's this i heard about dying your hair?"

A/N: HI UH i'm panicking because i seriously don't have another chapter REMOTELY ready sO...soRrY!! i update like every week or something LOL check my personal book 'neo got my back' or my board for updates maybe!!

future edit: wow my formatting is NEVER CONSTANT-