Part 3

Helloo my dear readers,

long time no see, huh? I am sorry, I got a bit busy with life. 

As always, thank you so much for all the love and kind words you leave on this but also on all of my other stories. They literally make my day!

Here comes a little chapter, that will hopefully make you smile. 

Song: Ambarsariya by Sona Mohapatra from the movie Fukrey

___________________________________

Neil's POV

The rest of the week went on differently than the previous days. The girl didn't appear again. My mind was telling me not to focus on that fact, but my subconscious was silently waiting for the day she would take the bus again. 

I found myself observing the bus door whenever we would pass a certain bus stop and waiting for her to get on the bus. But she didn't come. Even in the next few weeks, there was no sign of her. I was slowly losing the hope to ever see her again. I didn't even know the name of the girl.

One day, however, Ali, the friend with the curly hair just got on the bus and sat down next to me without even asking if the seat was free, but with a friendly 'hi'. He was munching on those potato chips that he must have bought at the market next to the bus stop. I only nodded with my head, acknowledging his presence. Then suddenly Ali's phone began to ring.

"Avni! Where are you, babe?", I eavesdropped him asking the person on the phone. Even though I was trying not to listen to the whole conversation, I was able to understand everything. "Again? That's the 6th week you're taking over her shift, I have to talk to Riya so that she can do something against it! You're coming over to my place later, and that's final, no buts darling!", Ali explained determined.

Then he was listening to her with a frown on his forehead. Groaning frustratingly, he said: "If I didn't know better, I would assume you to have a secret boyfriend."

The moment I figured that it was my girl – ehrm... – I mean the girl from the bus, my heart skipped a beat.

"Listen, you cannot work all the time! So, you're coming over tomorrow, otherwise I'll get angry at you, okay, see you, bye! Don't you dare not coming tomorrow!", he added before hanging up with a huffing noise.

AvniAvniAvniAvniAvniAvni..., I have finally come to know her name, it was reverberating in my head.

'She was not ignoring me, she was just working all this time. Okay, okay. It could still be that she was ignoring me and that she didn't want to meet me again ... - okay. Stop. She doesn't even know you, you idiot!', I was contemplating in my head. 

But I was grinning from ear to ear which I couldn't hide from anyone. Ali was suddenly watching me, and then he smiled at me as well. Ali then got off the bus soon after and this time, when he said bye, I reciprocated with a clear, and loud 'bye', as well.

The next day, I already felt that it was going to be special. The time flew by fast, till the moment I went on the bus. Expectantly, I was sitting on my usual seat and waited patiently for the bus to stop at the infamous station.

This time, she didn't get on the bus at the front, but at the back and that's why I was able to observe her coming closer towards me, checking for a free seat. It might sound very cliché but the sight of her kind of stole my breath away. Her hair was wet and they were falling down her shoulder, the slight curls visible. She was wearing glasses and her skin looked a bit paler. She still looked... beautiful.

When she finally looked at me, she somehow stood there, slightly uncertain. I looked at her, and I could have sworn that her cheeks were getting a bit pinker.

"Hi, uhm-", she started. "Hi, Avni!", I greeted her. And her chin almost kissed the floor. Totally confused and with shock widened eyes she stared at me. I couldn't help but chuckle. "The seat is not taken, please sit down", I said casually, as if everything was totally normal.

Still shocked, she slowly sat down next to me. "H-how?", she started again. I just shrugged my shoulders and kept smiling at her. She looked at me very confused but then leaned back and sighed in relief. "Do I need to be afraid?", she asked after a short while. I put my head to a side and looked at her. "Do I look scary?", I asked back. "No!", she huffed, "you look a bit gruffy with that beard of yours, but no. Not scary", she explained very objectively. "Then, you don't need to worry, don't you?", I replied with a lopsided grin.

"Okay, but I think it's unfair that you know my name and I don't know yours! It's kind of annoying that I have to refer to you as the 'bus guy'.", she continued.

Surprised, I arched my brow. She was thinking about how to call me? I was not able to keep my heart from hopping a bit faster in my chest. "Neil, my name is Neil.", I replied.

"Nice to meet you, Neil!", she then said cheekily, and forwarded her hand towards me. The bangles she was wearing on her wrist were jangling. I took her hand while looking into her dark brown orbs, not prepared to be hit with the feeling of warmth that engulfed me the second our hands met. Even though her hand was cool, it was as if a thousand tiny currents were flowing through my hand as our hands touched.

I blinked several times before I pulled my hand back...

___________________________________

Please let me know what you thought of the chapter! I would love to know!

I think my next update will be on Floating, but I am not promising anything! :)

Thank you so much for your time!

As always, here is a list of all my work on WP, please go check it out if you like! 

Finished work on Avneil:

Tease - Avneil Drabble

Remember? - Avneil Drabble

No Interruption - Avneil Oneshot

Thinking Out Loud - Avneil Oneshot

Ordinary - Avneil Two-Shot (18+)

Pleasure - Avneil RS (18+)

Distraction - Avneil RS (18+)

Enchantment - Avneil RS

Solace - Avneil RS

Finished work on Adiza:

Sweet Like Chocolate - Adiza Oneshot

TBC - sequel to 'Sweet Like Chocolate' - Adiza Oneshot

Taste - Adiza Drabble

How long - Adiza Two-Shot

Night Changes - Adiza FF ;)

On-going work on Avneil:

Bound Together - Avneil FF

On-going work on Adiza:

Floating - Adiza Threeshot