Part 6

Hi guys!!!

I am on a run with this one. I hope you don't mind!

Thank you again for all the lovely comments and the votes! :)

As I ended the last part on a 'cliffhanger', I thought I cannot let you wait for too long!

Song: Nazar Sarsari by Anirudh Ravichander from the movie 'Petta'.

So, here you go

___________________________________

Neil's POV:

"Hm, you really do not know me well enough," I said, shaking my head reproachfully. She frowned. God, she looked so cute. "T-then tell me something about yourself so I can get to know you better.", she murmured as her hands moved slowly around my neck. "Mh, what do you want to know?" I asked. "Tea or coffee?" she asked after thinking for a moment. "tea," I answered, grinning. "Cats or dogs?" she continued. "Hm, both," I said and pulled her a little closer to me.

"Panipuri or Gulab jamun?" - "Gulab jamun" ... so it went back and forth for a while. Sometimes she giggled, and sometimes she grimaced in surprise. Until she changed the pattern.

"Last name?" she asked more seriously. "Khanna.", I answered. "Yours?" I asked back. "Parikh.", she replied.

"Celebrity Crush?" She asked, now biting her lower lip. I raised a brow. "Bharti Singh", I replied with a completely serious face. "What?" She asked with huge eyes and stopped. "She is really funny and she is hot.", I said, still serious.

"Okay," she said slowly, brows contracted. But, I could not hold my facade for long. I started laughing out loud. When she finally realized that I had put her on, she looked at me slightly offended, loosened the grip around my neck and punched me on the chest. "Hey, I thought you always answered honestly.", She replied wistfully.

When I finally calmed down, I put my head against her shoulder and took a deep breath. "I was honest. Well, not for the last question.", I admitted.

"Well, at least I hope so. Otherwise, I would be a bit disappointed.", she murmured softly.

"May I ask you something?" I asked now and had to pull myself to not be all over her. "Yes, sure. Shoot! ", she agreed and now wrapped her arms around my middle. I took a deep breath and exhaled. "Okay," I whispered softly.

Maybe DD was right and not every woman is like Kira. Granted, she was really an eye-catcher. But that was it already. I did not remember why I had spent two years with her. I really did not know what exactly I thought was fascinating about her. The ugly breakup has just messed up everything I believed in. After all, who breaks up after a two-year relationship and then gets together with another guy the next day. I did not think that would ever happen to me.

Maybe, I was blinded by her beauty, which did not let me see her real intentions. Which was clearly of financial nature. Of course, I was not exactly poor, but I like to think that my bank account does not define my character.

Well, after the breakup, I have had enough of the topic "women" and focused on work. Until Avni appeared on the scene. It triggered feelings that I thought I would never feel again and from which I thought they existed only in books.

I actually had nothing to lose, and if I thought about it now, I could punch myself for being a tubelight for so long. It was so obvious that Avni liked me, I realised she was not opposed to my touches, and she even reciprocates almost without hesitation. I was just too overprotective of myself to make the first move.

Now, this needed to change!

I lifted my head off her shoulder and rested my forehead against hers. I started to smile when I saw how curious she looked back. "Would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow night?" I asked, wondering how easy it was to ask her.

Her eyes became huge with surprise. "I-is that-  ... are you asking me out?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I am. I should have asked a few weeks ago, but I was just being a - ", I broke off the sentence because I could not think of an appropriate word for 'complete ass'. Then, I remembered that I did not even know if she was taken.

"Oh shit, please, say yes and do not tell me you're with Ali," I added then, tightening my grip on her.

She opened her lips, but no sound came out. We just stared at each other until she asked me softly: "What if I am?"

I felt as if all the air was being squeezed out of my lungs. "I-i don't know ...", I mumbled and immediately released my grip on her. "I am so-," I wanted to add, when suddenly a sassy grin formed on her lips and she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Gotcha!," she whispered huskily in my ear, so that all the fine hair on the back of my neck stood on end. The arms which I wanted to remove from her, tightened around her and I exhaled in relief. However, she broke away from me, but seconds later I felt soft and warm lips at the corner of my mouth.

I did not remember when I closed my eyes, but I knew I did not want to miss that feeling from her lips on my skin anymore. Without thinking, I followed her lips with mine as she broke away from me.

Instead of her lips, I felt something else. Confused, I opened my eyes and looked into her brown orbs. Her cheeks were flushed and she bit her lip being shy all of a sudden. She had put her fingers on my lips to stop me. "We have to get out now.", she explained quietly. A few heartbeats later, I realized that we had arrived in Mumbai.

Precap

what do you think? ;)

___________________________________

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand? do you hate me? or do you love me? :)

Let me know! I would love to get to know your ideas!

As always, shameless self promotion will follow:

Finished work on Avneil:

Tease - Avneil Drabble

Remember? - Avneil Drabble

No Interruption - Avneil Oneshot

Thinking Out Loud - Avneil Oneshot

Ordinary - Avneil Two-Shot (18+)

Pleasure - Avneil RS (18+)

Distraction - Avneil RS (18+)

Enchantment - Avneil RS

Solace - Avneil RS

Finished work on Adiza:

Sweet Like Chocolate - Adiza Oneshot

TBC - sequel to 'Sweet Like Chocolate' - Adiza Oneshot

Taste - Adiza Drabble

How long - Adiza Two-Shot

Night Changes - Adiza FF ;)

On-going work on Avneil:

Bound Together - Avneil FF

On-going work on Adiza:

Floating - Adiza Threeshot

see you soon!!!