[5] Birthday?

Hi there Wattpad reader! :D I'm soooooooo sorry about the loooooong wait. I've been busy lately. You know, school and some other stuffs. ;) well, thank you for your patience. Drum roll please!

Zendaya Joleen Welson

This is it. It's the day I've been waiting for. It's finally my birthday! I don't know what I'm gonna feel. Happy? Nervous? -no. Natural, feel and act natural.

"Good morning Zendaya! Happy birthday sweetie!" shouted my mom as I went inside the kitchen.

"Thanks mom." I half-smiled as she kissed me on the cheek, I wiped it off of course.

"Voila! enjoy darling." I stared at the pile of pancakes on my plate which had a lit candle sitting on top of it all.

My mom was grinning from ear to ear. So I blew the candle and watched as the flame disappeared leaving the candle with its ghost-like smoke dancing with the candle's burnt thread.

"Nope, not yet." my mom said getting out a match box from her apron pocket and lighting up my candle again.

"I knew you'd do that." she winked at me and placed the match box on the table. "Wait for your siblings before blowing the candle." I groaned at her words.

"But I'm starving!" I whined. "Besides, the real candle blowing will be later.. during the party." I pointed out.

"Yes, but we want you to blow a candle for us. Just us, your family." she smiled wiping her hands on her apron which said- in all bold letters- "SUPER MOM!" she wore the same old faded jeans she wore around the house and  a white shirt under the annoying apron.

"Fine, but where are they?" I looked around.

"Probably sleeping. Don't worry princess, I'll call them." mom smiled and pinched a big chunk of my cheek before heading out the kitchen.

I- being a little girl- cannot wait anymore. I have to eat you know. So I carefully lifted the lit up candle with my left hand and grabbed the first layer of pancake with my right then I punctured the next layer of pancake with my candle. I had the layer of pancake flat on my left hand then grabbed the maple syrup and applied a fresh thick layer of it on the pancake on my hand. Careful not to drip some on the floor.

Mmm.. Delicious! Just, perfect.

After eating the pancake I had in hand, I quickly ran to the sink to wash off the maple syrup from my face and ran back to my chair checking if I missed anything. Moments later, I heard footsteps shuffling.. I braced myself.

Yeah, my family's kinda nuts when it comes to birthdays. They're all so excited about mine. Anyway, the venue is at a resort near our place but my mom told the visitors to meet up with us here first so we could all go to the resort altogether. Yes, my mom forgot to make the invitation cards.

After a while of birthday greetings from my siblings, my mom dismissed us and told each of us to get ready since she 'feels' that the visitors will be arriving in a few minutes.

This is going to be a hell of a day..

Time: 2pm

By the time I got dressed and made up (thanks to my mom), people started arriving. I wonder where Eros is? Is he coming? Ughhh, whatever. It doesn't matter. 

"Zendaya!" I was disturbed by the sound of an old lady calling me from behind. I turned around to see who it was, ohh.. Just my luck.

"Aunt Beverly!" I faked a smile and tried to look as genuinely happy as possible and hurriedly walked to her. She gave me a kiss on the cheek- which I feel that she left a mark of lipstick on.

Aunt Beverly or Bev wasn't the prettiest but she always made sure that she looks extravagant. With that dark and harsh make up on her eyelids, her bright red lipstick and her ball figured cheek bones that are covered with just the brightest pink ever. She kinda looks like a vampire to me.

She wore a black dress under her fur coat that was just too puffy. She wore the highest heels and I'm surprised she never tripped on them.

"Happy birthday, darling!" she beamed at me.

"Thanks aunt Bev." She took out a pack of cigar from her grey-ish snake skin purse.

"Want one?" my eyes widened in shock and she laughed.

"Who am I kidding? I'm sorry dear." I then let out air that I didn't know I held in. She lit her cigar and started smoking like a chimney.

"I'll talk to you later aunt Bev." I lied. I do not want to talk toher later.. Or ever.

"Okay sweetie." I quickly walked away before the smoke of her cigar would run through my nostrils. Not noticing I was walking towards the garden at the back of our house.

"There you are!" Zion popped out from behind a tree.

"Here I am." I snorted. "So?"

"Nothing, I just thought you were with Eros." he shrugged and started to walk away from me looking bored as ever in his tux.

"Why? Where is he?" my heart quickened as I realized that he was talking about Eros. He turned around.

"I don't know. I just assumed he was with you." he scratched the back of his head.

"Well, he hasn't arrived yet." I sighed. He just nodded and headed back to the house.

I hope he comes..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi there! Again, I am so sorry for the long wait. I know, this is kinda just a filler chapter. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, Comment, vote and Follow! :D

-Bela ♥xx